8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
If you cant respond respectfully, then dont bother responding. Any further flame comments will be dealt with accordingly.

·
Registered
460 Posts
hm what civic..? ex or si?
if si... i would take si... more fun rite? lol
but beemer has its reputation.... as well
but still im taking si:)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Okay...

it depends on what your looking for. The BMW is more luxurious and has more ammentities (spelling?). However its a lot heavier and aftermarket parts are sky high from what I hear. They are also a pain on the wallet to repair.

IMO, I wuld say the Si is better..in its own class. The two cars really dont have common ground to say which is better.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I think both cars are great in their own class. Civic SI is definitely one of the better cars in the sports compact segment. I personally would choose the SI, why, because it's what best suits me at the moment, it's a great car, reliable, and not over the top expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
08 325i's are sexy, but you can't beat the fun factor of the si. It really depends on what you are looking for, if you want something sporty,economical, and good looking go for the si, if you are ballin' on a budget go Bimmer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If value is a consideration, the Civic Si comes out pretty well. I looked at the BMW, but it really didn't have what I wanted in a sport sedan at a reasonable price. The back seat was too small, getting a sunroof added even more to the price, didn't want the run flat tires, wanted a dip stick (I'm old fashioned), and the prospect of high maintenance and repair costs (on top of the much higher initial cost) turned me off.

Specs and performance aren't all that different... although I'll readily admit the BMW is a more refined car and better built than the Civic- it must have better paint and fewer rattles, right?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I believe you mean the 328i not the 325i. I would go for the Si definitely; the 335i however is a whole different story.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah the 335 is ballin. It's also 40 grand without options.

Though, dare I say, I might prefer it to two Si's, :p

BMW's are nice, they're fairly torquey, which is cool. They also seem heavy in the corners and lots of body roll, at least the 325s I've been in, I'm sure the M3 is ridiculous and what not. Course if I was considering the 330, I'd probably get the Evo X instead or something (though not the MR, that thing destroys gas). I don't have kids or coworkers to impress, so...

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Yeah the 335 is ballin. It's also 40 grand without options.

Though, dare I say, I might prefer it to two Si's, :p

BMW's are nice, they're fairly torquey, which is cool. They also seem heavy in the corners and lots of body roll, at least the 325s I've been in, I'm sure the M3 is ridiculous and what not. Course if I was considering the 330, I'd probably get the Evo X instead or something (though not the MR, that thing destroys gas). I don't have kids or coworkers to impress, so...
I agree. The BMW is going to be more pricey and the main thing to keep in mind is you will be paying out the *** for any repair's or maintenance. A freaking oil change is even pricey! If I had to chose I would go with the SI because it fit's MY budget, appealed to me more, and has great after market options at really good prices. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
I bought a 2007 TL-S over an 08 BMW 125i. After driving the BMW I wanted nothing to do with it's non-ergonomic german interior "style".

Tai

1 - 20 of 30 Posts