8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which header should i get? buddyclub or the vibrant with the high flow cat? i don't know which one i want to get. i live here in ca so its illegal to not have a cat but then i really want the buddyclub so it can go with my buddyclub exhaust. ahhhhhh which one

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah, what he said. Isn't it a felony to get caught without a cat anyway? After you get this, you should dyno it too...I've heard of good gains, but haven't seen a dyno sheet yet.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
bc. just because the other people say vibrant.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
if cops look under the car, Vibrant.. if they dont. BC... I'd go vibrant just to be safe but thats just me

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
ErichPryde said:
I was under the impression it was illegal to own any NON-OEM catalytic converter in the state of california. is this not correct?
i think you should be fine with a aftermarket cat.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
chrisfrofro said:
if cops look under the car, Vibrant.. if they dont. BC... I'd go vibrant just to be safe but thats just me
another way to trick cops, welded a heatshield around your pipe to make it looks like a catalytic converter. most cops will buy it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's a voilation of federal law to replace a functioning catalytic converter. Catalytic converters are covered under factory emissions warranty of 70,000 miles. Aside from physical damage you couldn't replace it with an aftermarket unit as the law is written. In the end you will do what you want to do.

:violin::eek:fftopic::punch:

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
:box: Did you happen to notice the other replies in regard to the catalytic converter? Your argument about me being off topic is moot. I merely stated the facts that could help one get around the law with regard to using an after market catalytic converter.

Let me break it down for the mentally challenged.

If you are going to replace your OEM catalytic converter with something NON OEM using the excuse it wasn't functioning or was clogged etc, and you are under 70,000 miles you would have to get an OEM replacement.

If you were doing the same thing using the excuse that is was damaged by an on/off road excursion you might have to show or prove that the OEM unit suffered irreparable damage.

·
Registered
354 Posts
SSR all the way...or Hytech... the BC is nice but I hear the slip on connecters after time will leak and the springs rattle... I Have had a SSR for a while now and its awsome... but on the wifes new mugen I was going to put on a DC but they are outa stock everyware.. so I think im going to try the BC and LSD set up... I have a ssr with a skunk 70mm so its super loud.. I am hoping the lsd is a little on the quiet side.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
which header should i get? buddyclub or the vibrant with the high flow cat? i don't know which one i want to get. i live here in ca so its illegal to not have a cat but then i really want the buddyclub so it can go with my buddyclub exhaust. ahhhhhh which one
try checking with comptech, i believe they make a short header that bolts on to the factory down pipe, allowing you to keep your oem cat. you might not make the big gains that come with the use of a race header+catback, but it shouldn't be as restricted as stock. i'm looking into doing this, cuz i drive my si everyday and everywhere, and i mean everywhere!its my freaking office!good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts