8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going everybody. Well, I have just been scammed BIG time by Turbo Mafia, so I need to look at other avenues for exhausts. I have a 07 Si sedan and have two in mind. The first being the LSD, and the second being the Skunk 70mm. I am looking for a loud system, and I know that I will have to lengthen the Skunk 2 exhaust 2 inches. What are your comments. Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate it. :thumb:

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
If you're not worried about modding the midpipe then get the 70mm Skunk2. On the other hand if you want a bolt on catback then get the LSD.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Depends on what you want from the exhaust. If you want loud and drone to go with it then skunk is the king! on the other hand you want a more mild exhaust that doesn't drone at all get the evo II. Vibrant is reportedly some where in the middle.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
When I get everything straightened out with my credit card company after the Turbo Mafia fiasco, I will go with either Comptech or a system that has a 2.5" diameter pipe. I got a ride in Sherpa's hot Comptech superchared FG2 which had an Evo 2 exhaust. It sounded so hot. Nice and mellow but aggressive in VTEC.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
get a mugen catback for $1300 or mugen axleback for $650. oh, or you can get a HFP axleback, they sound nice and quiet.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
get a mugen catback for $1300 or mugen axleback for $650. oh, or you can get a HFP axleback, they sound nice and quiet.
+1 They are both great. However, I sure wish they weren't so spendy. The quality though, is without peer.

·
Registered
622 Posts
if you want a 3" with the carbon ti muffler just get a cheap used skunk2 70mm from someone and buy the carbon ti seperately. i was going to do that before i ordered from t-mafia. but just to let you know, my friend has a turbo carbon ti...and that thing is F***ING HUGE!!!! i dont know if it would look good or not

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
greedy ti-c for me, is quiet for dd, and loud when u get on it. And sorry to heard that you got scam by TM..

·
Registered
781 Posts
DO NOT get Injen!!!
Mugen is crazy money...
If I would have a chance to do it again...i would just take the resonator of from the stock one...do a straight pipe and that's it. Most of the aftermarket are to loud...take away the i-vtec thrill plus there's almost no gain in performance for most of them, plus once you have a look at the stock one... you realize it's an extremely decent one.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Hows it going everybody. Well, I have just been scammed BIG time by Turbo Mafia, so I need to look at other avenues for exhausts. I have a 07 Si sedan and have two in mind. The first being the LSD, and the second being the Skunk 70mm. I am looking for a loud system, and I know that I will have to lengthen the Skunk 2 exhaust 2 inches. What are your comments. Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate it. :thumb:
I would recommend trying out the Invidia catback - it's a 60mm design similar to the Skunk2 but it's a new system on the market. I estimate tone and volume is similar to the Apexi N1 (which we also offer).

Invidia is extremely popular with the Subaru crowd.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=civic&cat=exhaust&prodid=2839

1 - 20 of 37 Posts