8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read numerous threads on here and I've used both name brand and Ebay type CAI's on previous cars. I'm mainly looking at the EAuto tuning ebay cai that has a review on here and the bomz cai. Is there even a difference in the intakes, if anyone knows?? I really don't care for the blue hoses and I know I'll have to replace the coolant hose. I'd like all hoses to be black honestly. The colored hoses look tacky to me. I do have a K&N filter waiting for which ever intake I purchase. It was on my celica GTS I previously owned :) This will be going on my stock 06 SI coupe btw. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.... :usa:

BOMZ CAIBomz 06 07 08 Honda Civic Si Cold Air Intake 2.0L L4 : eBay Motors (item 130386712232 end time May-27-10 16:34:55 PDT)

EAuto Tuning CAI06-08 Honda Civic Si 2.0L L4 Cold Air Intake System 07 : eBay Motors (item 170473618299 end time May-15-10 14:43:20 PDT)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed my BOMZ CAI last Saturday, took me about 4 hours crawling on my back and whatnot (I don't have access to a lift). It was fun, and pretty straight forward. I had to replace the engine coolant line like everyone else described in other threads. I am thinking of replacing the BOMZ filter, bc I think it might bogg down the engine too much. Fitment was right on, I like the BOMZ, nice and simple.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blue is too much for me so I got the bomz. I planned on replacing the filter and coolant hose. Does anyone have a part number on a bigger hose?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just installed a CAI that i bought off ebay for my R18 it took us a while to pop it in but now it fits like a glove. It was from a dealer named bestcarparts i think it is decent for the price. It has the blue hoses but i swapped the non coolant one out with a black one though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The blue is too much for me so I got the bomz. I planned on replacing the filter and coolant hose. Does anyone have a part number on a bigger hose?
I took the red coolant line to autozone and told them I needed something stronger. They gave me 1ft of a rubber hose, it had blue lining for fuel, but they said it was OK. No leaks, and the rubber is strong unlike the red hose it came with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not to hijack the thread here, (I did a quik search with no good results), but those of you who installed the CAI and have NO foglights, would it be a good idea to cut the plastic insert out of the bumper so more fresh air can enter the filter? I understand this may not be good for when its raining or going through puddles. Maybe the insert can have a bracket attached for easy replacement when its wet out. Just keep it in the glove compartment. I'm not sure if this would be a worthy project or not.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Why don't you try to find a good deal on a used brand name intake? You run across some really good deals in the FS section every now and than so just keep an eye out for one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why don't you try to find a good deal on a used brand name intake? You run across some really good deals in the FS section every now and than so just keep an eye out for one.
meh... That means you get a used filter when for the same price I can get a new filter (K&N) and basically the same piping but new.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not to hijack the thread here, (I did a quik search with no good results), but those of you who installed the CAI and have NO foglights, would it be a good idea to cut the plastic insert out of the bumper so more fresh air can enter the filter? I understand this may not be good for when its raining or going through puddles. Maybe the insert can have a bracket attached for easy replacement when its wet out. Just keep it in the glove compartment. I'm not sure if this would be a worthy project or not.
If you are talking about the underlining plastic part then no it would not be a good idea. a decent splash might hydrolock your **** so i would strongly recommend that you don't unless you live in like a desert or something but even then it would allow more dust and dirt to get to your filter causing you to replace it more often. But its ultimately your choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts