8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am Looking to drop a Turbo kit on my SI sedan. Ive been searching around ive seen neg and positive feed backs on 3 turbo kits that i seen so far 1. greddy 2.AJP 3. TSI t/c which one would you recommend i wanna use stock pistons basically everything stock car is daily driven also so am guessing ill would only b able to push 5 or 6 psi at stock so yea i cant make up my mind? help me out>?:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
greedy is the best for dd. If u want housepower I would go with ajp.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Whats going on Platano, another Dominican in here. go with the greddy, They just did a 06 Si Coupe at Technology R last week, With the crap E-Manage Map and Whatever Wastegate boost is, It felt very good. Hit me up, Changed my Number. I am going to PM with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
greddy would be the best for dd i have it on my sedan runs amazing...got it hooked up with everything stock u cant even tell theres a turbo till i get on it...i didnt want a powerhouse so its enough for me..if u want power go with ajp..
i haven't seen the 3rd kit your mentioning on a fg or fa yet maybe someone here did it??

kev

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
AJP is just as reliable. If you guys were in Florida there was a guy at the meet yesterday with the AJP kit on his car hes been driving with it on for 22,000 miles and 30,000 miles on his car. Lit420_si is also a good example of a daily driver AJP guy. Some people have had issues in the past but I think these are the days of the new.

If you are not going to be doing this very soon I would hold off. I am getting my AJP kit installed on December 5th. I will be doing pictures daily aswell as a daily review of progress. After my install there will be a video of it on the dyno and I may be doing a blog aswell. Azulsi is someone that you may want to PM or talk to he JUST got the AJP kit on which I believe he installed himself or had done locally.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
From what I've read on this forum.. So far I got... If you go with Greddy, all you need is a very good tune and you'll have an awesome DD. If you go with AJP, you'll need a good shop to install it for you and a reflash and YOUR DONE! I don't know about the TSI turbo.

Edit: Oh yeah and if you get an AJP kit, thats alot of power, so just don't abuse the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I have the Greddy kit and I like the kit for a DD. What type of power are you looking for? If you looking for around 300whp then the Greddy is the kit. If you wanting more the AJP kit is the way to go. Several AJP owners are getting well over 300whp --- 411whp with the AJP kit. If you go the AJP route.. be ready to spend some money down the road on built motor to maximize the kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Guess am goin with the Greddy turbo kit should be in the car by dec Thansk alot guys ajp sounds like to much i just wanna be around the same power as an Srt4 but the greddy should do it... so gordata wat part of ny u from?

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
maybe. but my guess is if they have any mods as well prolly not. you would have to ask other greddy owners but it seems that SRT-4s atleast respond VERY well to mods.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
the cost is much higher for the AJP though. so if money is an issue I would say greddy would be a good idea. you also need to take into consideration if you ever want to upgrade upon you greddy though aswell. if you are looking for more than 300ish hp. AJP is the ticket.

·
Registered
490 Posts
NYPlatanoSi- I am from the Bronx, right by Yankee stadium. We should get together sometimes. If you see me I have Florida tags on a TW Sedan Si, Real dark tints!!

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
AJP is just as reliable. If you guys were in Florida there was a guy at the meet yesterday with the AJP kit on his car hes been driving with it on for 22,000 miles and 30,000 miles on his car. Lit420_si is also a good example of a daily driver AJP guy. Some people have had issues in the past but I think these are the days of the new.

If you are not going to be doing this very soon I would hold off. I am getting my AJP kit installed on December 5th. I will be doing pictures daily aswell as a daily review of progress. After my install there will be a video of it on the dyno and I may be doing a blog aswell. Azulsi is someone that you may want to PM or talk to he JUST got the AJP kit on which I believe he installed himself or had done locally.
had mine for over 18,000 miles ... good here as well :thumb:
took long trips too (8hr + of driving)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gordota werd i use to live out there to in 169 and walton but yea theres a meet this sat at cross county so far theres like 10 of ous maybe a lil more

1 - 20 of 36 Posts