8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good spot to mount the GPS antenna? I just purchased a Pioneer Avic D3...

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
rear window or flush mount it in the ceiling of your car....or front window..

haha I have it on my rear window, and its not giving me any problems.

Also make sure you do the bypass!!

Hope that helped~ Goodluck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I did it on the dash in the middle.

That was nice and easy - I did the bypass it was great the wife actually made it through a 2 hour drive yesterday without complaining to me like we were crossing a continent! Though I did find myself getting distracted by the dvd at times :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
haha wow seriously don't play with dvd's while driving!! It's dangerous!
But listening to an Audio CD should be alright.

I'd get a DVD and put a bunch of MV's for the deck. But thats just me haha. Its so good when you are waiting for some1 or something u can just watch a music video =D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i wasn't watching the dvd but it was distracting, so I don't think I am going to try that again any time soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Kenwood DDX 8019 with navigation and I mounted my reciever just above the windshield right in the middle of the car on the exterior of the vehicle. There is more than enough room to tuck the wire into the rubber molding around the outside of the windshield and then there is enough of a gap to get the wire under your hood. The only place you can see the wire is under the hood running to the opening in the firewall. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. Tint just got put in on sat so I've been waiting for a nice day to get some good photos

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys.....
Got something for you to hide the GPS Antenna so you dont see the antenna or the wires. If you look in the picture. You take the cover off of the gauge cluster. Right where i makred in red is a spot where the antenna is under the cover. The antenna fits perfectly. When i get a picture of my car when its done i will try to post it up. my buddy helped me with it. If you try it left me know how it goes. Mine works and connects with no issues at all...
Let me know if you try it and how it work. Im using the Alpine W505 with the blackbird.

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
What is a good spot to mount the GPS antenna? I just purchased a Pioneer Avic D3...

Thanks
I have the same unit... and Ill take a pic of where its located when i go out for lunch.

But, i ran it underneath the center console, then under the rear floormat, tucked in behind the rear seats and into the trunk. front the trunk, it winds up around a few things (so it doesnt hang down) and into a small opening where the trunk meets the rear window at the driver side. there is a knotch there that the antenna fits in that doesnt prevent the trunk form closing... and you cant see the ntenna form the outside.

as mentioned.. ill take a pic when i get lunch in a few minutes. ill post it when i get back

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice.....
I like how thats hidden.... I get neat freak with the wires though thats why i put it in the dash. no wires to run. but i like how you put it there. i am getting the alpine PDX 5 channel amp, 6 1/2 type X reference components and the JL W6v2 10" stealth box....
Going to hide the amp under the driver seat where the stock amp was for a clean install...... How do you like the W505?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Nice.....
I like how thats hidden.... I get neat freak with the wires though thats why i put it in the dash. no wires to run. but i like how you put it there. i am getting the alpine PDX 5 channel amp, 6 1/2 type X reference components and the JL W6v2 10" stealth box....
Going to hide the amp under the driver seat where the stock amp was for a clean install...... How do you like the W505?
Im not really into car audio/electonics... i got the D3 because I really just wanted the bluetooth and ipod capabilities. The navi is just an added bonus, lol.

But, like you.... i hate seeing wires. I need to take a few minutes and clean up my trunk wire again because it is just visible enough to bug me when the trunk is open. I have my bluetooth module mounted under my driver seat. I then ran the mic up the driver door pillar behind the stripping, across the top of the door, still behind stripping, then had it come out right at the end of my sun visor and clipped the mic to the visor. you can only see about 1 inch of the wire and its in a perfect location to funciton well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet... that part where you see the mic... there is no way to hide that wire really. my mic actually comes out right in front of the dome light and rests on the dome light plastic itself.... still see about an inch of wire but what you going to do

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Sweet... that part where you see the mic... there is no way to hide that wire really. my mic actually comes out right in front of the dome light and rests on the dome light plastic itself.... still see about an inch of wire but what you going to do
yea... i thought of a few different options and anywhere that the wire would be completely hidden IMO didnt really function well. so i'll lie with seeing an inch of wire, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts