8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT-Please Contribute to Sources for RED HONDA EMBLEMS if you are looking too. I have spent the last few days and hours upon hours of time looking for one. Below is a list of older sources that NO LONGER HAVE THEM IN STOCK. Please add any sources that you find that have them..

Grafixexpressions----nil

Corsport----nil

Jdmland---nil

amazon.com--YES ---Red Carbon Fibre Insert

decaldude------yes/no---shady??? not there to ship out cuz on deployment??

Hi,

New member, I just posted an intro in the intro forum.

I have been lurking since I got my car.. I have read hours upon hours of this site. This is an awesome site with lots of info.

I was wondering if someone here knows where to get the red H emblem for the steering wheel that grafixexpressions had at one point..

I have searched high and lo for this item.. the trail goes cold though and the people whom sold it.. don't sell it no more.

I have went through all the threads I could find.. and checked all the sites to no avail... I did find a site decaldude? or something like this.. but this site looks shady.. most of the links don't work.. and it's hosted on a cheapo hosting service... dunno bout that one.. checked fleabay and corcsport.. did find one there but couldn't again. it was for a diff model.. and they posted it in '06.. I saw a thread announcing they had limited supply in stock and that was in '10 so I figured the newer ones must be diff.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me and point me in the right direction...

oh.. and if you didn't catch my intro post.. here is some pics of my 3 week or so... ride..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks

pax

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

I didn't see the red H emblem on their 8thcivic jdm list.

I also read a thread that they were out of production.. but non-the-less.. I emailed them a detailed email asking them about availability this morning.

thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i saw one on corsport but it was for a diff year model.. i.e. not the 8th gen.

will it still fit if it's for the ep3?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ok.. so corsport no longer has them in stock.

I googled it and clicked form the link i searched in the forums.

I can go and use google cache and it shows it like it was.

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic Si - 9000.001

they no longer have it.

I did a more detailed exhausted search.. I have searched my butt off! using the *search function---since I have been using forums since about 1997* (si newb but not forum newb) great search function btw!!! w00t!

so here is all they have for the red H emblems

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/ca...esult.php?keywords=Red+Steering+Wheel&x=0&y=0

I am sure they won't fit. right? since they have a different version that was the 06+ and is nigh impossible to find.

Grafixexpressions no longer has them either.. all the posts when they did were from 2009 --maybe early 2010.. they are not listed.

I emailed them ----no response to inquiry.

like I said in my *original post*

tried "Grafixexpressions" tried "Corsport" both are no-go's.

has anyone "circa april-may 2010" found or received any RED honda type-r emblems for our 06-10 steering wheels.

thanks much for the replies.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

jdmland don't have them either... i think i might have saw someone say they did at one point.
-pax

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i found a red carbon fiber one on amazon.com

I bet they don't ship to canada though.. a lot of 3rd party usa seller don't seem to.

I would settle for it if I had to.. since they are fricken rare man.

Amazon.com: Steering Wheel Emblem Insert Red Carbon Fiber - Honda Civic 2006-2009: Automotive

and the last place to get them is

http://decaldude.n e t/products.html -edit it says removed.. so i guess he isn't welcome here?? shady maybe?? prob yes... most of his site don't work.

I don't trust this one.. he is on deployment in iraq.. i could only guess.. he says to go ahead and order and he will deal with it *****when/if***** he gets back.. yah.. no thanks.

anyone else looking for them please contribute here. cuz it looks like they are harder than hell to get.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Got mines from decaldude, ...no problems with ordering, ...and it was quick for even being done over the holidays.

As much as I'd prefer to buy from our wonderful sponsors, if they aren't providing a product I want but somewhere else is, sorry to say, I'm going to get the product I want. Simple marketing, it isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
318 Posts
These look great for the price. It's not real Type R Emblem but a vinyl and I have used it before. It only looks fake if you look closely but from your regular seat distance it looks good.

Go to eBay and copy and past this.

Steering Wheel Emblem Inserts Honda Civic & Si 06-2010

Hope this is what you were looking for. I tried looking for the real deal but failed so I settled for this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, I actually have one of these that I got about 5 months ago. I know I have the receipt somewhere and when I locate it I will post it here, but since we are on the topic, I have a question about mine. In case you didnt know it is an adhesive sticker with no chrome around the outside, meaning that when you put it on, you put it over the original H and line it up with the chrome colored outline. Well at first it was fine, only since it was sticking to only the inside outline of the H, it didnt stick great because the whole adhesive area was not stuck on something. Also, the material of the steering wheel is kind of slick, not lending itself great to the adhesive. Well, my problem is that when it started getting hot outside, I get into my car and at least one corner is sticking up every time, and I have to puch it down and stick it. It generally stays until the next time I get into my car and it realy is just kind of a minor annoyance. So I took it off and put some double sided 3m tape in the areas between the H, so it would stick harder. That worked pretty well but it still peels up all the time. even when it is cold it gets stiff and peels up and when its hot it gets soft and peels up. I need to know a way to make it stick pretty strong and permanent if possible. this has been annoying me a lot and I would appreciate it if someone with this same problem ofered some advice. thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! FINALLY WE CAN BUY THEM AGAIN FROM CORSPORT!! :dancing:

Can anyone confirm a sell of these to make sure they really do have them in stock and there is no mistake?

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I just Bought one last week. It took like 3 daya to get and fits great. Got it from corsport.com. I will try to post pics when i can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts