8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
cams arent cheap. and being that they come from honda/acura, your either going to pay retail price or your going to get them second hand from someone who stole them or used them.

good luck, but dont cheap out because for all you know, they could sell you "TSX" cams and they could be fake. better off getting from a reputable place and pay up...

·
Registered
890 Posts
cams arent cheap. and being that they come from honda/acura, your either going to pay retail price or your going to get them second hand from someone who stole them or used them.

good luck, but dont cheap out because for all you know, they could sell you "TSX" cams and they could be fake. better off getting from a reputable place and pay up...
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
$680 at oemacuraparts.com, that's where I got mine. But try collegehillshonda in the vendor section they can probably get them for you too.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Here are X's dyno's.. First is modded over stock so it's hard to see what the cams do alone.. 2nd chart is his intake V2 over the fujita I think.

x said:
about 2-3 WHP with the stock intake and 5-8 with a after market intake. expect up to 18WHP with V2 intake total
fujita short ram
P2R spacer
ported DC race header
NST pulleys
hondata IMG
hondata reflash
06 TSX cams

X-intake V2
P2R spacer
ported DC race header
NST pulleys
hondata IMG
hondata reflash
06 TSX cams

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I am calling tomorrow to make an appointment for Saturday January 12th.

I will use a dynojet dyno since that is what most people on this forum are used to. Engine mods are X V2 Intake, TSX Cams, P2R Throttlebody Spacer and Gaskets, DCRH, Stock Exhaust, and Hondata reflash.

If you guys would prefer I can do a Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
they were done on the same dyno

heres a before and after, fujita 216 and xintake V1 220

then V2 on the same dyno,
Thanks for the clear up.. Didn't want to be spreading some mis-info :D

EDIT: btw, when you going to hit up the track to see what you run on this sick ass setup?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have next Thursday off of work and wanted to do it then. It's the one day the dyno guy doesn't work at the place with the Dynojet. The guy at the place with the mustang dyno does, but I think most people would prefer to see a dynojet number.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts