8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sitting in front of my computer trying to find a good website to buy some Ultimate Axxis Brake pads for my 2006 civic si. Does anyone know where I can get a front/rear set of these pads? I live in the OC just in case you know of any local places where I can pick it up. Going to the track soon!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally! Following your forum and digging deeper into the threads has lead me to this site that sells them specifically for the 2006+ civic si! I'm especially thrilled since they are local to me so I can do a pick up. Thanks kkim!!

http://www.rotora.com/

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Stoptech sells them and they're in SoCal. If you're going to the track, buy a spare set of front pads suited for the application.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^Thanks for another good site to check out. I was wondering for those who already bought the ultimates, how much did you pay? I got a quick quote from rotora saying that the front = $90ish and rear = $60ish.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
warhead111 said:
^^^Thanks for another good site to check out. I was wondering for those who already bought the ultimates, how much did you pay? I got a quick quote from rotora saying that the front = $90ish and rear = $60ish.

That's in the ballpark. You can get both slightly cheaper, but I've never found them both at good prices at the same place. I bought mine at Cobalt Friction, even though I paid a bit more, because I've done a lot of business with them and they could get my pads shipped out of Atlanta and here in under 2 days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CZ-75 said:
That's in the ballpark. You can get both slightly cheaper, but I've never found them both at good prices at the same place. I bought mine at Cobalt Friction, even though I paid a bit more, because I've done a lot of business with them and they could get my pads shipped out of Atlanta and here in under 2 days.
GREAT NEWS! I decided to go to amazon and see if they even sell axxis brake pads and they do. However, it's not sent from amazon, but a third party distributor called horsepowerfreaks. I went to their website and they only listed the 06 SI COUPE REAR so I gave them a quick call. They happened to have both front and rear, but haven't updated their site yet. After confirming that they do have front and rear, the person on the phone made a 2 mins change to the website to added the fronts. You guys can get the axxis pads for:

Honda Civic (06-07)
Si Coupe - Front #352272 = $$$ 69.00
Honda Civic (06)
Si COUPE - Rear #228116 = $$$ 51.56

www.horsepowerfreaks.com

ENJOY!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
warhead111 said:
GREAT NEWS! I decided to go to amazon and see if they even sell axxis brake pads and they do. However, it's not sent from amazon, but a third party distributor called horsepowerfreaks. I went to their website and they only listed the 06 SI COUPE REAR so I gave them a quick call. They happened to have both front and rear, but haven't updated their site yet. After confirming that they do have front and rear, the person on the phone made a 2 mins change to the website to added the fronts. You guys can get the axxis pads for:

Honda Civic (06-07)
Si Coupe - Front #352272 = $$$ 69.00
Honda Civic (06)
Si COUPE - Rear #228116 = $$$ 51.56

www.horsepowerfreaks.com

ENJOY!
^^^ Cheaper or about the same than HAWK HPS and it might be better according to TOV:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=688357

"We've been through several sets of stock brake pads, a few different aftermarket pads, and are now on our 3rd set of rotors. The first set of rotors was destroyed during our first track outing when we took our car to the Streets of Willow in bone stock form. The stock pads essentially vaporized to the backing plates and we managed to score up the rotors to a fair extent. The 2nd set of rotors lasted us through our next track outing and about 6 months of street driving. Immediately prior to Project Si's first encounter with the Tail of the Dragon, we put some Hawk HPS brakepads on the car. As seen in this video update from last year, we weren't 100% happy with them during their first outing at the Dragon. At the time we were thinking that they hadn't been fully bedded in yet, so we weren't ready to pass final judgement on them. Well, several months of street driving and another track day later, we've decided we're not that crazy about the Hawk HPS pads at all. For mildly aggressive street use, they seem fine, but for repeated stops from high speed (as required on Talladega Grand Prix), they just weren't up to the task. Since we had excellent results with a set of Carbotech PantherPlus pads at our 2nd outing at the Streets of Willow, we considered getting another set of track pads for Talladega Grand Prix. We knew Talladega Grand Prix was a short track, and we (incorrectly) assumed that it wouldn't be a very fast track, so we decided to see how the HPS pads would hold up there. As you will see in the video on the following page, that was a bad choice and while they didn't wear all that excessively, the excessive heat build up significantly changed their properties to the point where it felt like we had driftwood clamped to the calipers. The next set that goes on the car will be Axxis Ultimates - we've had great luck with these pads in the past - they deliver excellent performance under demanding conditions with a bit of extra dusting as a trade-off."

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
FWIW, all pads have an FMSI # that is universal. Si fronts are D829 and EX/Si rears are D537, the same as the S2000 and RSX-S.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hawk HPS fade around 750-800 degrees, while the Ultimates fade at 1000 degrees and offer a higher DOT level of friction to boot.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Might check with Brake Designs, Inc. They sold me their slotted/drilled/zinc coated front/rear EX coupe rotors and Axxiss Ultimate pads for $244 shipped to Texas. AFWIW...I love the set-up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jay Kincannon said:
Might check with Brake Designs, Inc. They sold me their slotted/drilled/zinc coated front/rear EX coupe rotors and Axxiss Ultimate pads for $244 shipped to Texas. AFWIW...I love the set-up.
That's a good deal! Have you tracked with this setup before? Are rotors worth the extra money over stock?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CZ-75 said:
Hawk HPS fade around 750-800 degrees, while the Ultimates fade at 1000 degrees and offer a higher DOT level of friction to boot.
I don't know what the average temps I'll be experiencing at the track, but will these axxis pads be good enough for a few laps around willow springs? I don't want to be doing what this guy did after he did a warm up lap with the hawk pads. haha

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=688357&page_number=2

·
Registered
573 Posts
Back from the dead...

Anyway, it's 2009 now and I'm just wondering where's the best place to get these pads? Local would be a plus; I'm in So Cali.

·
Registered
750 Posts
do you get the s2000 ones when you buy from this site?

These pads are awesome! I simply need to replace mine soon as well as a rotor resurfacing.
Is it necessary to resurface rotors when changing pads? Or only if they're already warped? On my prelude I kept the same set of rotors while I owed the car (25k-123k) while going through 1 set of stock pads and was on my second set of Ultimates. Never had any issues with the wheels shaking. Should I apply a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy here and leave them alone if they're in good shape?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts