8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I've been lurking for months and have finally decided to go FI on my SI Sedan. I've decided to go with the Comtech kit. I don't ever see myself wanting to push the HP any higher as I want to keep the car as a daily driver and don't want to get into uprated clutches etc any time soon.

So my question is simple. Is everyone paying $4,000 for the kit or are some vendors selling it for less?

Also, what is a typical install cost?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Several 8thCivic sponsors sell them. Check with Excelerate in the Vendor section. I've bought from him and will again! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My shop quoted me $300 for install. If you want the kit, you better act quick. Corsport said they were getting a few kit in this week, but they were all spoken for. Excelerate also had 3 kits coming in this week. I bought one, and CrackThatTec45 bought the second one, so there was 1 kit left as of last Friday. I dont know if its still available, but you can always call, pm, or email them. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Corsport said that they can get one in 1-2 weeks which fits perfectly with my timing.

Would I be the only guy running just the kit and not the header, catback & cooler plugs? I'd hope to get that stuff in time but can't really run to it on day one. Any danger for the engine?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Corsport said that they can get one in 1-2 weeks which fits perfectly with my timing.

Would I be the only guy running just the kit and not the header, catback & cooler plugs? I'd hope to get that stuff in time but can't really run to it on day one. Any danger for the engine?
you will get plugs with the kit, im pretty sure i havent seen anyone running stock with only SC but you will be fine like that, you will love the kit

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

haha they told me 3 weeks over 2 months ago. goodluck.
you may luck out considering the large batch they just finished should be shipping out this week. however i would guess there all spoken for and then you'd have to wait for another batch. but eh like i said. goodluck im kinda pissed like hondacare is cuz we've waited and otheres may not have to.
if i had known i'd wait till almost feb. to get a kit i may have just waited for redshift. but eh hopefully once im boosted it quells my anger. ;)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
if i had known i'd wait till almost feb. to get a kit i may have just waited for redshift. ;)
yeah right, just read the redshift update and chris is saying at least 3 more months. if i had to wait 3 more months it would make me punch babies

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
honestly if i lived with babies...... lol
i think you might be the only one that understands how i feel right now lol. i just wanted my tracking numbers so this nightmare of waiting is over.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
yeah right, just read the redshift update and chris is saying at least 3 more months. if i had to wait 3 more months it would make me punch babies
yea they are saying MAYBE april now.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
honestly without trying to sound impatient. this is ******* bull ****. i ordered in the first week of nov with the impression i'd be boosted within 3-4 weeks like i was told. now its gonna be well over 12 weeks. in all honesty im not too impressed with comptechs "new" ownership.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts