8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some paint for my TW Civic as well as a GG civic. I've been buying them in spray cans from paintscratch, but at $33/can shipped, it's getting pricey. I went there to buy just a small can of it, but a 16 oz can is $90 + shipping. Any other places like Lowes, Menards, etc that do these paints for cheaper? My dealership wants $115 for the same thing.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I get my TW paint in spray cans as well, but I get them locally from a shop that specializes in automotive paint. They sell it for about $20/can. I'm sure that you could find a paint shop near you that could do the same thing.

If anything, ask your local body shop where they get their paint. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction on where to get cheaper paint.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I tried that, but my bodyshop told me the paint they get is specifically made for paint guns and wouldn't be of any use to me

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Is there only one body shop in your area?

I'm sure if you did a quick search like "PPG Paint" in your area I'm sure it'll come up with something.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Why do you guys need the paint? touch up paint?
I bought the paint to color match my foglight housing. I didn't like the way the 09-10 coupe fog light housing looked in black (with a white car) so I bought the paint to color match myself instead of having it done at a shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts