8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am completely illiterate to suspensions, but i know that by putting 18" wheels on a stock suspension that i should lower the car... Honda dealer wants $1500 to buy and install HFP suspension, is there anything cheaper that i could buy and have my buddy put on? He put his Tien suspension on and it looks hot, so any suggestions on where to get good quality but not pay out the ass?

Thanks! :hitit:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Jay4dnb said:
ok, so i am completely illiterate to suspensions, but i know that by putting 18" wheels on a stock suspension that i should lower the car... Honda dealer wants $1500 to buy and install HFP suspension, is there anything cheaper that i could buy and have my buddy put on? He put his Tien suspension on and it looks hot, so any suggestions on where to get good quality but not pay out the ass?

Thanks! :hitit:
i believe you need to do some reading....

try...ALL the sticky's at the top of this forum as a start. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, lol, sometimes i can't see stuff that is right in front of me....going to look now....thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i called them about it and it seems a little pricey, any idea what is about an average price?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
www.corsportusa.com

Better if you get a good aftermarket suspesion that you can actually tell a drop. Tein or Eibach recommended.
lol... umm two different results. You can lower your car with aftermarket springs then you can tell it looks lowered and rides like shiat. OR you can do coilovers like the HFP kit and you can tell when you corner hard that you have an aftermarket suspension when it bites the corner.

Your choice ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am personally looking for better handling, but also would like that inch drop because of the HFP 18's that we are putting on it... i don't want a car that is sitting on the ground, this car is what we use for our every day driving...

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Jay4dnb said:
i am personally looking for better handling, but also would like that inch drop because of the HFP 18's that we are putting on it... i don't want a car that is sitting on the ground, this car is what we use for our every day driving...
Same boat man...Go HFP..Still very comfortable for DD. ALOT better handling. :vtec:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so we called back to the dealership because we are going to buy the car on friday afternoon, salesman says he quoted me wrong on the price, i am now getting HFP 7 Spoke 18" wheels, tires, plus the HFP suspension (MT), plus LABOR for $2000! So Friday night i will have pics posted up of the car, can't wait! Sucks that i hurt myself at work today and have to take the next 5 days off, cause friday is gonna take so long to get here with me sitting on my ass,lol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts