8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to install them today but i did know the correct spot... would like to know where the correct place is???Please Help (measurements)(pics)
Anything Thank You..

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know a guy that has them on his NHBP in town here, but I don't see him very much. I'll see what I can dig up and see if he would do a DIY.

-Clay

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey whats up Bambamsd PM'd me and let me know that you needed some help with the sidemarkers and i will get the layout i got for ya here if i can figure out how to post it and ill send ya a picture of mine, and hey thank for the referal bambam, +rep

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
when the guy at the bodyshop installed it he made his own template out of cardboard. trim it lil by lil untill wrapped around the side marker. (2 halfs) after he got the shape he wanted he taped it together. thats our template.

as for refrence points i brought in a pic of a CTR sedan since it had sidemarkers and the fenders were similar. i noticed that it goes a lil higher than the lip on the fender. so as refrence points we used the middle of the head light (puttin tape and goin straight back) and the bump of the mirror cover above the fender (tape went straight down). we used the template placein it over the middle the cross points and mesured the points from the side of the fender and from the top and bottom so we can duplicate the other side. he made the cut after and then lil by lil opened the hole so the sidemarker snapped in.

ok i jus took a quick pic so u can try to understand what i used as refrence points i circled in red and red lines was where tape went straight. in one its curved cuz i took the shot at an angle so i can get close enough and u can see everythin. and in the other shot the blue lines was where he mesured so he can make the markers identical.

i hope this helps :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
all it is a plug that goes into the sidemarkers and wireson the other end, that has to be tapped into the ur turn signal. so its not plug and play will require u using a test light to find ur signal not hard to do even with out a test light

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
all it is a plug that goes into the sidemarkers and wireson the other end, that has to be tapped into the ur turn signal. so its not plug and play will require u using a test light to find ur signal not hard to do even with out a test light
several more questions- does anyone know what colors the turn signal and parking light wires are?

Also, does the current CTR (FD2) have its sidemarkers on at all times, or just when signaling?

I think the majority of people on here have wired it up to flash only when signaling...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i dont remember what color they are but on the harness from password u have a red wire (pos) and black wire (neg). on the turn signal theres three wires one will be darker than the rest that should be the neg. and then trial and error to figure out the pos turn signal. and the wires on the driverside arent the same as the other. ex(DRIVER: purple-white, black-white, brown -gree; PASS: BLUE_WITE, Black, GREEN_RED) so once u get it done on one side look at the socket for wire location and take it from there.
idk how the FD2 are but the way alot of people are wired is for the signal to flash w the turn signals only. there is a way to do otherwise but i dont know how.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts