8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
796 Posts
The sedan owners have the same dilemma as do the 2007+ FG owners. The 2006 FG owners have a slot where you circled that the K2motor fog light switch goes. If you purchased an OEM fog light kit for a sedan, you'd see that it comes with the entire switch that is a brand new head light on/off stalk. This is the same for the 2007+ Coupe owners. With the K2motor fog lights, you have to be inventive and put the switch either under the dash, or fabricate it directly into that little pocket you circled. You pretty much save over $150, but have to be a little creative about where the switch goes because there's no spot that it fits without modification, or you can dish out the $200+ for the OEM fog light kit from Honda. Keep in mind that the harnesses are different as well. I believe the K2motor fog lights stay on while the headlights are on, but the OEM fog lights turn off when the headlights are turned on. Something like that, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sedan owners have the same dilemma as do the 2007+ FG owners. The 2006 FG owners have a slot where you circled that the K2motor fog light switch goes. If you purchased an OEM fog light kit for a sedan, you'd see that it comes with the entire switch that is a brand new head light on/off stalk. This is the same for the 2007+ Coupe owners. With the K2motor fog lights, you have to be inventive and put the switch either under the dash, or fabricate it directly into that little pocket you circled. You pretty much save over $150, but have to be a little creative about where the switch goes because there's no spot that it fits without modification, or you can dish out the $200+ for the OEM fog light kit from Honda. Keep in mind that the harnesses are different as well. I believe the K2motor fog lights stay on while the headlights are on, but the OEM fog lights turn off when the headlights are turned on. Something like that, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks. I just wasnt sure if i was misunderstanding something about our switches.

Youre right about the OEM harness being different. OEM wont turn on fogs when the parking lights are on. I read that in another thread.

·
Registered
923 Posts
All you need is this (props to ryryninja for the photo):

You could probably get it from your Honda dealer or order it from College Hills or some other Honda parts website.

The only reason the coupes need a brand new headlight stalk is because the only available slot for a switch is now occupied by the VSA switch in the 07+ FG2s (since the power mirror controls are also in that area). However, in the sedan, the power mirror controls are located on the driver's door handle leaving room for two extra switches for a total of three slots. This would allow you to have a VSA switch, fogs, and the interior lighting kit from Honda.

EDIT: Basically you have to take out the pocket and replace it with the part in the picture.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
I dont think it will fit. lol. I see it has those holes on sides to screw it in. I dont think there's anywhere to screw it in on my car
i wish i had insight but i dont since i have a fg2. maybe someone can chime in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts