8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it that there seems to be no rev hang when the defroster is on?! it's like driving a different car. whadafuxup?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont think that makes a difference at all.. it has nothing to do with the engine, transmission, or throttle

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Your A/c is on when the defroster is on.
Heres how to turn it off.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/1743112-post1.html
LOL this kinda thing cracks me up! your windows fog up due to moisture in the air. The way to remove moisture from the air is to "condition" the air (hence air-conditioning) to remove the moisture. To those who have done this trick to turn off A/c while on defrost, I hope this is working out well for you because science does not have your back on this one.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Maybe its useful when you are trying to get frost / ice, not fog off your window and just want to get it warm?

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Maybe its useful when you are trying to get frost / ice, not fog off your window and just want to get it warm?
You can turn the temp all the way to the hottest setting with the A/C on. The mistake most people make is equating A/C with coldness. A/C != cold. You are still better off running the A/C with the temp all the way hot to melt ice rather than w/o A/C.

Either way, I don't mean to start a **** fight with anyone. Everyone is obviously welcome to do as they wish and if it works for them, awesome. :thumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
why is it that there seems to be no rev hang when the defroster is on?! it's like driving a different car. whadafuxup?
With the heat/defroster, its just like running the A/C. The compressor cycles on and off, and it puts the engine under load pulling the rpms down soon as you let off the throttle.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
To those who have done this trick to turn off A/c while on defrost, I hope this is working out well for you because science does not have your back on this one.
Actually, it is.

Press Defrost --> turn off A/C --> turn the dial to heat. It takes a little longer to defrost, but I'd rather be warm while it's defrosting then freezing my ass off with the A/C.

·
Registered
47 Posts
when defrost is on your a/c is on. the a/c takes HP. so when your racing someone, you can still have heat or air but turn off a/c or defrost.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Last time I was in the car... I ould turn the AC off while the defroster was on... I didn't need to ring the magic-widgit-bell by using some secret code like the one above.
i guess your lucky then the thing is it doesnt show that your a/c is on the light may be off but your compressor will run.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Last time I was in the car... I ould turn the AC off while the defroster was on... I didn't need to ring the magic-widgit-bell by using some secret code like the one above.
same with me, whatever setting you have it one, you can just press the a/c button and it will turn off.

i guess your lucky then the thing is it doesnt show that your a/c is on the light may be off but your compressor will run.
if you press the a/c button and the light goes off, doesnt that mean the a/c is off, if not whats the point of even having that button? the way i see it, light on = a/c on, light off = a/c off

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
ok go turn your defroster on, and open your engine up and see if your a/c is spinning. im not the first one to say this do a search my friends you'll see.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2 pages later and you're still arguing over some stupid ac defroster trick.

fact of the matter is, defroster on- you don't get rev hang. say 1 has nothing to do with the other if you want but it doesn't change the fact that the revs behave differently.

·
Banned
547 Posts
The point of the AC turning on is it removes the humidity from the air, it does this even if you have the heat cranked. By default, if your on either of the defrost modes the AC will also cycle. The AC hack just changes how it operates and lets you turn the AC off if you don't need it (ie: it's not too humid)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts