8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just forgot to add one thing, does not let you shift into 2nd gear. Legend, have you, or anyone else for that matter, been to the dealer with this issue lately?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ideally, the gear selector should almost feel as if it were sucked into the gear you're shifting into, with no physical strain, no noise (aside from a single "clunk" as it engages,) and no noticeable grinding, clicking, scraping, or crackling noises.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ideally, the gear selector should almost feel as if it were sucked into the gear you're shifting into, with no physical strain, no noise (aside from a single "clunk" as it engages,) and no noticeable grinding, clicking, scraping, or crackling noises.
yeah see, sometimes, that's exactly how it is. It litteraly feels like the gate is lubed up like crazy and the stick just SLIDES IN .. no noise except that "thunk" letting you know the shifter has hit the wall (all the way in baby). and i'm noticing my shifts being like this more now, but i attribute that to the summer weather.

in the winter (i'm from chicago), most of my shifts made me feel like the trans is broken or something. you can feel the metal touching, it feels "rocky" or "crunchy" going in..

however, when i drove my friends celica gt, it was also crunchy or rocky..so idk.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just forgot to add one thing, does not let you shift into 2nd gear. Legend, have you, or anyone else for that matter, been to the dealer with this issue lately?
i will update you in a month or two. oil life is at 50%, next time i go to the dealer i will mention that i get locked out of 2nd sometimes (because i really do).

it just sucks because the dealer wants me to drop off the car sometime between 9-5 Mon through Friday.. but i work 9-5 mon-fri so i'm not sure exactly how i can drop off my car. :haybunny:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I took it about a month ago, and since my model number was not under the TSB, I was told by the service advisor that it was my fault because I apparently I power shift all the time. I have definitely have never done that before :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts