8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any insiders know when the civic SI would be debuting to the showroom???

I want mine with NAV....was looking for EX with nav but SI's hold more resale value and I go through cars like crazy

which color should I go with???

thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Supposedly December 1st. I'm not sure if that's fact, speculation or rumor anymore. It's all a big blur now. I just know I'm waiting until after winter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
CivicWithNav said:
any insiders know when the civic SI would be debuting to the showroom???

I want mine with NAV....was looking for EX with nav but SI's hold more resale value and I go through cars like crazy

which color should I go with???

thanks
sorry but im a 1/2 ricer so i would get the new red coming out wiht it and then put in some lights!!! but thats just my thing.....

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I was told December 1st is production release, so we probably won't actually seem them until around the 7th or the following week. Actually my dealer told me the 15th, just in time for Christmas :D

And I didn't know people could be half-ricers???? lol...

color is a matter of preference but it wouldn't matter anyway if you're just gonna trade it in for something else. I think most everyone else is planning on keeping the car for awhile, so a color would be a something they should consider. Just pick a car and drive til you trade it. And the Si may not have as high a resale value as you think depending on what dealer you go to and how stereotypical they wanna be. i.e. Younger-looking driver with a performance car = he (males especially) probably drove it a little harder versus older-looking driver with a less performance oriented car = he/she probably took care of the car, meaning no performance add-ons blah blah blah...I only mentioned this from my experience and my friend's experiences (they work at different dealers)

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Looks like some folks at ToV and Honda-Tech have reported to have been given delivery dates by their dealers between December 5 and 16. This is somewhat frustrating as the dealer I have my deposit at maintains they have no dates and have not been given the go to order yet. I have also called the two other dealers in town and gotten similar answers. I have not seen anyone confirmed for their VIN yet, so I don't know whether this is the dealers blow smoke, or if this actually has substance.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
This is the most frustrating part of the whole ordeal. I think Honda could've handled it better. Just release pricing and release a date. Pricing won't be announced until Dec. 1, which is stupid. People are putting down payments on cars they don't even know the final price for. I'll put my down payment on it, just so I can reserve it, but I'm not paying more than $22K, nav included for it. Anything over that is RSX territory. But for some reason, I think it's going to come in between around $19,995 and $20,995, which is just shy of the LX Hybrid's price. Not sure why, but it'd be ideal. But I'm with you. It's driving me (and everybody else) crazy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I went to a honda in the Houston area, they told me that I needed to put $2500 down to reserve the car and the I would have to pay the MSRP when the car came in. SO I would be paying $2500 over the MSRP, has anyone else been having this problem

·
Registered
126 Posts
6ft5inAllMan said:
I went to a honda in the Houston area, they told me that I needed to put $2500 down to reserve the car and the I would have to pay the MSRP when the car came in. SO I would be paying $2500 over the MSRP, has anyone else been having this problem
Are you sure it's $2,500 over MSRP. Wouldn't it be $2,500 down and then you pay the remaining balance?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
mplscivic said:
Are you sure it's $2,500 over MSRP. Wouldn't it be $2,500 down and then you pay the remaining balance?
He still shouldn't have to pay $2500 to reserve it. Every other person I've talked to on the forums has paid $500 to reserve it. Don't pay them. They'll probably want something over MSRP in fees...

Besides, you never wanna pay MSRP anyway :p sometimes you have to though :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
No, he said "MSRP + $2500 + TTL + Destination." His explanation to the 2500 over MSRP was that It was a "Very rare car" and he couldnt give me a price or a date that they would come in. So, they sent a mechanic to talk me into it and the they sent the manager, and then they sent the finance manager. I hate the car buying games. And no, I didnt pay it. I am hopeing to go and get mine from the same person that sold my girlfriend her Accord EX Coupe at a great price about 6mos ago. Hopefully he can give me the car at MSRP and hopefully give me a date and price.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Here in my area of Canada (southern Ontario) I'm told that because they are only making 5000 Si's, each dealer is only getting 1 a month and they are taking orders. Still no pricing or even colours that wil be available. Both dealers in my area have waiting lists until February.

I ordered an EX Coupe instead and I'm getting it in a week or two depending on how quickly they can find one. An Si would be very nice, but alot more money and too much of a hassle with the wait times. When the lease is up on my 03 next year, maybe I'll get an Si then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hmm... when i droped down 500 to reserve my name as the top for getting one. my guy up their got me the only civic si mannual around, their was only one. and its mine now.... and its i beleive 19,320 starting(without nav.) and that it would more or less be 21 or over with the nav. (expencive, i dunno if its worth it but the booklet say's "The system's brain is an 8.0 gigabyte DVD database consisting of maps and more than 7 million point's of interest like ATM's and restraunt's. Enter a destination, and voice promt's guide you while turn-by-turn directionss are shown on a custamizable6.5 inch LCD touch-screen display.* And with the voice- reconition feature, simply speak one of over 600 commands to control navigation functions as well as the audio system.

Navigation-equipped models get a digital audio card reader to play your downloaded music files. the lcd screen display's your folders and playlists for easy selection

XM satillite Radio is standard with navigation get over 150 channels, plus traffic and weather in many u.s cities. OH....all music chanels are commercial free..

if anyone ele's want's to know anything eles about the si pm me and ill give ther info right outta the god book, so to speak..

·
Registered
861 Posts
6ft5inAllMan said:
No, he said "MSRP + $2500 + TTL + Destination." His explanation to the 2500 over MSRP was that It was a "Very rare car" and he couldnt give me a price or a date that they would come in. So, they sent a mechanic to talk me into it and the they sent the manager, and then they sent the finance manager. I hate the car buying games. And no, I didnt pay it. I am hopeing to go and get mine from the same person that sold my girlfriend her Accord EX Coupe at a great price about 6mos ago. Hopefully he can give me the car at MSRP and hopefully give me a date and price.
Of course, buying is always a very personal matter and it's entirely up to you how you do this. But it sounds very clear to me that this dealer is trying to screw you. Not only do they want to overcharge you, they give you the runaround and pressure treatment. Nuh-uh. I have no idea how the situation will actually go down when the Si rolls out, but I will NEVER patronise a dealer that tries to charge me over MSRP. Of course, neither will I buy from them if they wanna charge MSRP, but at least we might be able to remain on speaking terms. ;)

wickett said:
hmm... when i droped down 500 to reserve my name as the top for getting one. my guy up their got me the only civic si mannual around, their was only one. and its mine now.... and its i beleive 19,320 starting(without nav.) and that it would more or less be 21 or over with the nav. (expencive, i dunno if its worth it but the booklet say's "The system's brain is an 8.0 gigabyte DVD database consisting of maps and more than 7 million point's of interest like ATM's and restraunt's. Enter a destination, and voice promt's guide you while turn-by-turn directionss are shown on a custamizable6.5 inch LCD touch-screen display.* And with the voice- reconition feature, simply speak one of over 600 commands to control navigation functions as well as the audio system.

Navigation-equipped models get a digital audio card reader to play your downloaded music files. the lcd screen display's your folders and playlists for easy selection

XM satillite Radio is standard with navigation get over 150 channels, plus traffic and weather in many u.s cities. OH....all music chanels are commercial free..

if anyone ele's want's to know anything eles about the si pm me and ill give ther info right outta the god book, so to speak..
Dumb question, but are you sure that is the manual, or just the brochure? I have the brochure, which gives me all the above information.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time with the dealer yesterday. Talked at length about the Civic, other Hondas, the economy, the national debt...you know how it goes. :D

He told me that they had no clue themselves when the Si would be available, but that they deeply doubted it would be before late December, probably more like January. He also said they had no idea what the Si pricing would be, but was deeply skeptical Honda would actually make it below $20k, his reasoning being that the base EX is $18,260, and the Si improvements should be worth at least two grand.

The price you posted of $19,320 sure does have that Bob Barker "Price is Right" feel to it, though. That puts the Si at $1,060 more than the EX. Seems to me that the engine, tranny, differential, suspension, are a great bargain at that price, if accurate. The EX adds $1,750 for the navi system, so if your price is accurate (and if we can make this analogy at all), we're talking $21,070 for an Si navi.

Of course, that begs the question--is the Si powertrain/suspension worth LESS than a navi system? :eek: I really doubt it...but if that price is right, I think this car's a bargain, if you don't get overcharged or undernegotiated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wouldnt pay that over 22-23k for a civic. thats ludacris... who would? exactly why honda isn't going to upcharge this car. it's hondas cheap affordable bargain .. tis why. plus my friend called honda of north america yesterday and they gave him the same price, i was scepticale thinking why would it be the same price as the 05 si. but he was very specific about it being the upcomming 06 model. when i get off work im going to look into this

p.s. yea i ment the brochure, ill get the mannual when i get the car. doh'

·
Registered
38 Posts
Let's see. I put 500.00 down on an Si this past week. I got to select the color I wanted. They are selling the Si for MSRP. They said they are going to place their "order" within the next couple weeks. They think they are going to get about 10 SI's in 2006. Mine is the second one already spoken for. They don't expect the car to arrive until Late January-early February. Not knowing the price is annoying.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts