8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
My stock clutch didn't want to play best friends with his Kraftwerks Supercharger buddy, and they made it official after about 4,000 miles together. Total mileage was 70k.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
173k miles and still working for now, but seems like the hydraulics are not working as well as they should, by not pushing the pressure plate off enough. Almost, just barely getting that "doesn't want to come out gear feel." I have had an em1 cmc installed for 7 years. I will replace the clutch in the spring and the hydraulics. I not sure if I will go with the em1 or an updated stock cmc but definitely going with a stock pressure plate and disc because they seem to last the longest and can handle bolt ons. Probably a little lighter flywheel but not much. Save that discussion for another thread. Happy shifting!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Replaced mine at 212k, throw out bearing seized - 2008 FA5. I would have gone way further had I adjusted the clutch properly, DOHH!!! My old disc and plate had another 100k left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got my FA5 taken apart literally right now, replacing the Original clutch. My car has 189k miles. I bought it with 110k from original owner. Granted, after seeing the damage i did, won't wait that long again after the throwout bearing goes (went 20k miles after i heard the squeak on disengage)

·
Registered
12 Posts
112k started slipping in 6th on the freeway. Replaced with a exedy stage 1 with resurfaced flywheel. Now at 148k no issues. I drive rush hr traffic too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made it to 134k miles before my stock clutch went. Bought from dealership and was second owner @ 76k miles. Replaced with exedy stage 1 along with an 11 lb lightweight flywheel and ktuned master and slave cylinders. Currently at 157k miles and still running great.

341 - 359 of 359 Posts