8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the lack of performance option for those of us who got roped into buying a non-si 8th gen? :p I want a supercharger on my car, I have custom turbocharged 3 other car recently and i don't want to go that route this time. What are my options for my LX?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Iluvatar said:
With audio and such i have too much money invested in the car to trade it in... thought about it loooong and hard though
The r18 is not meant for any of this F/I stuff its for fuel economy swap the motor or trade up for a SI :thumb:

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I'm confused, how did you get roped into buying a non-SI? Didn't you know that the SI would most likely come first for performance parts?

No worries, though, as the R18 will have a large aftermarket in given time.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Will06SI said:
The r18 is not meant for any of this F/I stuff its for fuel economy swap the motor or trade up for a SI :thumb:
Honestly, I've never understood that. The SI's motor is weak and pathetic to someone else. It's all relative - I bet a geo metro owner would LOVE the R18 lol, whilst a GTO owner laughs at our weak 197 hp and even less 139(?) tq. Get me?

Basically my point is - work with what you have and accept it for what it is and CAN be. Will our SI ever hit 1000 WHP and 1000 WTQ? No.. so either accept that and mod it/keep it as it is, or sell it and get a car that CAN do what you want to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Vtec said:
I'm confused, how did you get roped into buying a non-SI? Didn't you know that the SI would most likely come first for performance parts?

No worries, though, as the R18 will have a large aftermarket in given time.
It was my first new car and i was just interested in owning one. Now that I have one, i am attached to it and don't want to go through all the work of building a new car up again.

I guess i could just do a K20 swap...... $$$$$

·
Registered
497 Posts
Iluvatar said:
It was my first new car and i was just interested in owning one. Now that I have one, i am attached to it and don't want to go through all the work of building a new car up again.

I guess i could just do a K20 swap...... $$$$$
If one could fit it would be too much of a pain to design much less install since our motors are reversed from the K20.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
27IVTEC said:
If one could fit it would be too much of a pain to design much less install since our motors are reversed from the K20.

Uhhhhhh design what? All you need is every part in the Si engine bay and it should just bolt right up. The Si's don't have a different body with different mounting points.

·
Registered
271 Posts
or with some work, rav-4 low comp pistons that stand boost well, eagle rods, fuel mang, port/polish head, head gasket, injectors, and a good tune. 250-300 hp could be pushin it on a sohc though. look at the best sohc the D-series :) my buddie has a D16z6 del-slow and it kicks as$!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Uhhhhhh design what? All you need is every part in the Si engine bay and it should just bolt right up. The Si's don't have a different body with different mounting points.
The intake manifold is on the back of the engine on the R18, on the K20 it is on the front I dont know if you have ever looked on the back of an R18, but there isnt much room tho work with.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
27IVTEC said:
The intake manifold is on the back of the engine on the R18, on the K20 it is on the front I dont know if you have ever looked on the back of an R18, but there isnt much room tho work with.

I wasn't talking about an R18 S/C, I was talking about a k20z swap in which the IM gets moved to the front. All the EF, EG, EK, DC2 hondas have the IM next to the fire wall and people still fit S/Cs back there. The S/C doesn't have to take up more room than the IM so it could fit if someone really wanted to waste the money on developing an S/C kit for the R18.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sirbelch said:
I wasn't talking about an R18 S/C, I was talking about a k20z swap in which the IM gets moved to the front. All the EF, EG, EK, DC2 hondas have the IM next to the fire wall and people still fit S/Cs back there. The S/C doesn't have to take up more room than the IM so it could fit if someone really wanted to waste the money on developing an S/C kit for the R18.
They could have fun installing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sirbelch said:
what amount of cash am i looking at to do a k20 swap? does the 5 spd bolt up to the k20... i doubt it... just curious

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Iluvatar said:
what amount of cash am i looking at to do a k20 swap? does the 5 spd bolt up to the k20... i doubt it... just curious
I will quote myself to answer the question. All means all and last i checked the tranny is in the engine bay along with the ecu.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts