8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have been back and forth many times as to which to get first for my FG1:

Either wheels (Motegi SP10 in hyper black) or a drop on coils

Any comments? I plan on getting them both in the next couple months but i want my civic to look as sex as possible asap :D

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
save up and get both, and ive actually seen those wheels in person, pretty good looking wheels and will look pretty nice on your car

but id jus save up and buy both at the same time so no waiting on wheels or waitin on coils

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
coilovers first .... then wheels, that way once your dropped you'll be able to get the proper rim that you want to fit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
definitely coils! made that mistake with my last car. had a nice set of wheels on the car, and it looked terrible because it was stock height. swore id never make that mistake again... fast forward to my current car. i have a set of mugen's sitting in my garage that i am not putting on the car until i can lower it, lol.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
coils. looks clean w/the stockies. It also doesn't look right when you have aftermarket rims sitting on stock suspension.
either save up for both like he said.. or go coils first then wheels
coils. Wheels without drop looks weird
Coils. Nothing wrong with the stock rims now. Use till you can get the rims.
i say coils first then your wheels :thumb:
springs :facepalm:
:facepalm: If the rims are lighter...wheels first. These will result in a better value purely because the gains you will feel in the reduction in unsprung mass will be greater than the handling of the vehicle with coils (for the same amount of money).

Braking will improve
Handling will improve
Fuel economy will improve

All because of lighter rims.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, i agree with the majority and im thinking coils first. I don't mind the stock wheels, and i don't believe there is a huge weight difference.
And why SI?
Well...if i really must answer: I'm not about to drop 30k on a civic at age 19, i was much happier to spend 18k on a new fg1 which i could easily boost to more power than the k20 for another 4k...it's not a hard question to answer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts