8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, confirmed they are the RS6, my friend has them on his EM2. I don't really like them too much on our cars, but looked good on his. I personally have the RS7 :)
I see that your wheels are 18"s. How did that affect the perfromance of the vehicle?

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
I notice the acceleration took a bit of a hit (nothing horrid) but going from 16" to 18" I could definitely tell a bit. They are pretty much stock weight (around 21 lbs) but I imagine going lighter would completely offset that minute change. Overall, I'm very glad I went with 18"s for this wheel. With that said though, had I gone for a lighter wheel, I would've gone with 17"s.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice the acceleration took a bit of a hit (nothing horrid) but going from 16" to 18" I could definitely tell a bit. They are pretty much stock weight (around 21 lbs) but I imagine going lighter would completely offset that minute change. Overall, I'm very glad I went with 18"s for this wheel. With that said though, had I gone for a lighter wheel, I would've gone with 17"s.
What do you mean? Are you saying that you wish you had gone w/ 17's?

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
What do you mean? Are you saying that you wish you had gone w/ 17's?
I meant that since I wasn't going for a lightweight wheel for perfomance, I went with 18's because I didn't necessarily care about weight. It was for looks. Had I wanted to get rims for perfomance (see: if I had an Si and not a 140hp R18) then I would've definitely gone with 17's. Two different applications for two reasons, it's all up to what YOU want. I wanted looks... and 18's look very nice :thumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I meant that since I wasn't going for a lightweight wheel for perfomance, I went with 18's because I didn't necessarily care about weight. It was for looks. Had I wanted to get rims for perfomance (see: if I had an Si and not a 140hp R18) then I would've definitely gone with 17's. Two different applications for two reasons, it's all up to what YOU want. I wanted looks... and 18's look very nice :thumb:
Well I guess I will have to go with 17's, seeing that I want the looks but I dont want to lose any power, as I cant afford to lose what little I have.

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
Yeah, 17's still look really good. It's your best bet really. The bigger and heavier the rim is (unsprung weight), the more power it takes to spin the wheel. Even if you just save 2lbs from your stock wheel, you are really saving something like 40 lbs of unsprung weight, which can help acceleration alot. Someone school me here if I'm wrong.

Really though, the best option is getting a 16" forged wheel, but... everyone knows 16's aren't exactly flattering, especially if you are going aftermarket. Like I said, it's up to you :thumb:

Something to note though, if you can get those Mugen GP's off of CollegeHillsHonda for $1800 still, I'd definitely do that. They are super cheap for a forged wheel, super lightweight, and look amazing on GG. You save something like 6lbs per wheel off the stock Si wheels, AND they are 18"s. Best of both worlds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts