8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know where to find this info, but for some reason is disapeared.
So I'm just curious what the Wheel Size is. And What kinda "High Performance" Tires they're giving you for the extra $200.

Cause I have the sick Track Tires that I might throw on (come spring) and I wanna make sure they'll fit. And I'm more then 99% sure they'll be better.

Thanks
Chris

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
the book for the SI says:

"Available Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 Summer Tires". I think these are the tires you are talking about.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
tire rack review from a customer

"I have gone through a bunch of tires from Max Performance to Ultra High Performance (BS Potenza S-03, RE-750, RE-730, RE-71, Dunlop SP8K, Yokohama AVS-I, Toyo T1-S, Toyo T1-U, etc ...). I purchased these tires as a replacement to the Bridgestone Potenza RE-750. Im impressed. These are not auto-x competitive in the dry, but they have more grip than you can responsibly use on the street. Wet traction is pure heaven - better than the S-03 on damp pavement, and better than anything Ive used in deep, deep driving rain. Sure - the sidewall is mushy, which diminishes turn-in, and responsiveness, but these tires are so quiet and comfortable that this is easy to forgive. Smooth inputs will reward the driver using these tires - abrupt, ham-fisted inputs will result in a bit of slip, and a bit of squeal, but will still be easy to handle. Compared to the S-03 & T1-S, ultimate dry grip is about 80%. Compared to the S-03 in the wet - grip is about 110% - really. Wear should be in the 20 - 30k range depending on regular rotations and driving technique. Worth the money, and perhaps worth a 2nd set."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...........I got a set of Yokohama A520. These are Nasty Track tires. They've since been replaced by Yoko. But from what I know about them they're Grab anything and hold on like Grim Death, Dry or Wet. I don't mean to Crap on Mich or the Potenzas, but Yokohama and Honda are Really Tight. I think Yoko is even the Tire sponsor for the JGTC500 NSX.

I just need to know what the Stock rims size are so I'll know they'll fit. These Tires are 17x7 or 7.5

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And Check these Potenzas out. They're the OEM Tires for the STI. If these will fit on the Si's OE Rims, I'd get these. They're pretty much Drag radials. the Potenza RE070. They only come in 225/45/17.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts