8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all your help in advance. I am very new at this, so please bear with my stupidity. I read in a previous post that there are specific sizes of wheels that will fit a civic i.e. 205 55 16 - 215 45 17 - 225 40 18. I have a 06 civic sedan, galaxy grey and recently took it in for a tune up at the Honda shop and they told me my tires were worn out. Seemed a little suppressing with only 28K mi on it to me but never the less the Bridgestone guys said the same as well. Crappy tires from the factory. Anyway I had no idea. So I am on the market for a new set of tires and figured now would be the time to upgrade my wheels. I see quite a few nice wheel/tire combos on the site but I am definitely not trying to be a poser and pretend that I have something I really don't. I don’t need thousands of dollars wrapped up in wheel/tire combo for my car. What I would like to do is make my car a little classier. I would like to size up from the factory 205's but if I do that do I also need to upgrade my brakes as well? I would also like to lower my car as well but I’m not sure what all is required to do the job right. From what I understand it isn’t just as simple as throwing some shortened springs in there then you have to mess with camber? Not sure on it all and if I take it to a shop I don’t want to be completely clueless like I am here. Any suggestions on where to get wheels/tires or lowering kits too would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time – Dennis

1 - 1 of 1 Posts