8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i AM KEEPING :readtherules: the stock rims cause i love em! i am powdercoating them blue. i am lowered on sportlines and i wanna push my wheels out more for a close to flush look as possible...has anyone ran wheel spacers on oem rims...if so where and how much? what size?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sub'd for answers, i asked the same question a couple months ago and a guy told me his friend ran 25mm spacers all around.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i'm not sure if these will bolt on right away. the reason why i say that is because oem studs are 24MM in length leaving an extra 4MM in length and not allowing the rim to bolt on. However, if OEM rims have an indentation on the back, then the 4MM extra might be ok.

EDIT: this is if you use a 20MM spacers.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm actually interested in spacers, just worried about fitment.

BUMP for answers.. i really want to do this so someone who has done this help us!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
i'm not sure if these will bolt on right away. the reason why i say that is because oem studs are 24MM in length leaving an extra 4MM in length and not allowing the rim to bolt on. However, if OEM rims have an indentation on the back, then the 4MM extra might be ok.

EDIT: this is if you use a 20MM spacers.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm actually interested in spacers, just worried about fitment.

BUMP for answers.. i really want to do this so someone who has done this help us!
Reference this link... New studs are included in the kits. H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers | Products || H&R Special Springs, LP

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
understood however unless you buy spacers that will cover the original stud, the rim will not properly bolt on. So you either have to have rims that have indentations in them so that the OEM stud will go into OR you have to shave the OEM stud so that it clears the rims.

EDIT: OR you have to buy spacers that are longer then the OEM stud (25mm) will clear the 24mm stud.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
you'll need at least 20mm or 25mm so the stock studs will clear the stock rims. for spacers with studs already in.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd run a 10mm. I think 25mm is a bit much. But the most I'd run is a 10mm because anything above that, youre going to have to get something to clear the studs which is 25mm which comes with studs..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts