8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting some wheel spacers for myy 17x7.5+48 RPF1s and I had a couple questions.

1. Since I'm on Neuspeed Race Springs and ~2.25 Degrees of natural negative camber in the back from the drop, what size would be best without having to do fender work in the front and back? I was looking at the Ichiba V2s with the pressed in studs and liked those but the minimum size is 15mm which looks pretty close to having to do fender work.

2. Is Ichiba a good brand? Are their hubcentric spacers really hubcentric, i.e. do you get vibration with them on?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
First question, what tire are you going to run/currently running?

The reason why they only sell the spacers with the pressed-in studs at 15mm and greater is so that the built in studs will have more material to be secured to. I've heard stories of 10mm spacers with the built in studs cracking/breaking. Also, your oem studs would have to be shaved/trimmed (there isn't enough recessed room on the back of the wheel for the OEM studs).

So, unless you get longer studs, the only spacer I would recommend is a 3mm. Some people have/are running 5mm spacers with the OEM studs, but I personally would not recommend that. I thought the 3mm was almost too much. The only place I found with hub-centric 3mm spacers was Akata Spacer.

Keep in mind YMMV.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn I thought that's what the pressed in studs were for was so you didn't have to change studs… damn.
But I'm running 225/45 R17 Hankook V4 ES.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking at getting some wheel spacers for myy 17x7.5+48 RPF1s and I had a couple questions.

1. Since I'm on Neuspeed Race Springs and ~2.25 Degrees of natural negative camber in the back from the drop, what size would be best without having to do fender work in the front and back? I was looking at the Ichiba V2s with the pressed in studs and liked those but the minimum size is 15mm which looks pretty close to having to do fender work.

2. Is Ichiba a good brand? Are their hubcentric spacers really hubcentric, i.e. do you get vibration with them on?
If wheel spacers you are needed, I recommend the BONOSS and Eibach wheel spacers, they are AWESOME.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts