8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this should go in the wheel and tire section or the inside and out section but I'll put it here for now. I got 20mm spacers for my car and I'm on stock suspension. However, I'm about to lower my car on S2 springs so I want to take my spacers off until I can roll my fenders. However, when I tried to take them off, i couldn't get the center core off. I had to tap it on with a rubber mallet, but it seems to be stuck on there. Any suggestions on how to get it off? I can't damage the core because I'm gonna put them back on after i get an alignment and roll my fenders. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only had em on for a couple weeks...there should be a way to get em off...I'll try a chisel tomorrow.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ That outta do the trick...lots of good suggestions, hopefully something works. Didn't get a chance to try today, hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know if this should go in the wheel and tire section or the inside and out section but I'll put it here for now. I got 20mm spacers for my car and I'm on stock suspension. However, I'm about to lower my car on S2 springs so I want to take my spacers off until I can roll my fenders. However, when I tried to take them off, i couldn't get the center core off. I had to tap it on with a rubber mallet, but it seems to be stuck on there. Any suggestions on how to get it off? I can't damage the core because I'm gonna put them back on after i get an alignment and roll my fenders. Any help would be appreciated.
I usually just put some pb blaster on there just to help loosen it up.. take a flat head screw driver, but it between the face of the hub and the base of the spacer and just use the rubber malet and wack away... it WILL come off..

worst case scenario, get a torch and heat it up a bit... that will surely do it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ That's the process i'm leanin towards. Once they're off, I'll clean up the hub a bit so they don't stick as bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts