8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hop do I lessen wheel hop? When its wet out or icy like last nite my car gets incredible wheel hop when accelerating in first through third gear. I tried easing up on the gas pedal but it still is there. On dry pavement it smokes the tires. I have my an intake and exhaust on my car.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Hop do I lessen wheel hop? When its wet out or icy like last nite my car gets incredible wheel hop when accelerating in first through third gear. I tried easing up on the gas pedal but it still is there. On dry pavement it smokes the tires I have bolts on my car intake and exhaust.
maybe im really tired, but what are you trying to say in the last part of your question/sentence?? bolts huh???

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
your wheel hoping with the vsa on???
wow....
probably need new tires
only thing i can think of if easing off the gas doesnt work

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
yeah but its not called that
uhhhh. i have always heard it called wheel hop. we know what he meant either way.

i have upgraded my tires and i have a etd and i dont have wheel hop. the etd did the most.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
no. wheel hop. i have always heard wheel hop

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
wtf is engine hop?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
i understand that, but the engine doesn't hop. It is just the wheels trying to get a grip on the road which has absolutely nothing to do with the engine. I'm guessing whoever told that guy that its called engine hop must've been smoking too much crack that day.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Engine hop??? LOL So thats why I have a dent in the bottom of my hood!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ya i have hop with the stock michelin a/s on the car, scares me to even spin the tires since wheel hop is so bad on suspension components.

And I know this is a newb question but what is etd?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
engine torque dampner.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

This

1 - 20 of 38 Posts