8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have a 2006 civic Ex with stock 205/55/16 tires and 16x6.5 wheels at the moment but I want to buy new wheels to replace my rusted steel ones, what wheel and tire sizes would fit best without rubbing? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey hows it going? From what I've seen and experienced on this thread and in person 17x8 +35 fit nicely and is pretty flush with the fenders. With this size you don't have to roll any fenders and shouldn't rub as long as your not too low This means it fills the wheel well nicely but doesn't extend out. As for tires I would go with 215/45/17 or 225/45/17. I wouldn't go with 18 inch wheels but that's just me personally. I'll attach some links to some videos that may help you.

I know I said 17x8 +35 but in the video its 32 which has a minimal difference.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes, what Gianni said. I was running some 17x9+35 wheels for a few years, and that really required a lot of work to make them not rub too much. If you are into the negative camber and tight clearance look then these are a good option, but for more practical driveability I would stray too far from the 17x8+35 wheel spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts