8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Question is about what wheel cleaner am i safe to use on a set of Bronze Works emotion wheels i just got....the wheels have a few nicks n chips and r a bit dirty....just wanted to know what u guys use to clean ur wheels.

also i was planning on detailing my car soon....i own a meguiars buffer and bought a few products to use...i bought this glaze called Show Car Glaze now i wanted to know if u guys recommend using the buffer with this glaze or just by hand....and do i wax the car then put on the glaze or glaze then wax?? thanks!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Wheel & Rim Cleaner - 16 oz | Detailed Image

CG has a lot of products, but from what I hear almost every wheel cleaner of theirs is the similar to each other. This one is the cheapest, and I recommend cutting 2:1 (2 parts water, 1 part solution) It should last you a while. Its safe on all wheels which is good, as their are some over he counter acids that destroy some wheels!

As for the glaze, keep the application by hand as its really oily. Glaze---->Wax
Since the glaze is oily, sealants wouldn't bond to it well. For something compatible with both, I have EZ Creme, which I love.

·
Registered
81 Posts
so glaze then wax? sorry im confused lol
Luke's got it right. Glaze then wax. Also, as he said, glaze is oily...meant to bring out the shine in paint as it's a feeder product. You should wait a while after you use the glaze to start waxing, otherwise you can get some smearing/streaking.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Other than Chemical Guys Citrus, what else is there that can do a good deep cleaning through oxidation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts