8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna buy wheels locally and im worried that they are bent. If I can't see any bends, I know it could still have them but I'm wondering if it could be that bad to the point of being unable of being fixed. He says there fine but he obviously would

Are there any tests I could do other than roll them around and visually inspect them?

I guess I'm just nervous buying used rims off some guy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bring it up casually and see if you can catch him off guard.

You: "So, nice weather we're having..."
Him: "Yeah, not too bad"
You: "Hm-mm, and how did you bend the rims?"
Him: "Well that happened last- ...aww crap"

*Note: may not actually work*

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ hahahahahaha

ask to get them balanced before you buy them. Generally if there is a bend you will be able to notice it when you balance them even if you can't see it.
long story short i wont be able to test fit them

how much does it cost to get them balanced? and can any normal mechanic shop do this? (they have tires on them, do they have to be taken off)

·
Registered
682 Posts
This may be a crazy idea. Bring a broomstick or something, put it through the hole in the center of the wheel. Have some one hold the broomstick horizontally and give the rim a spin. I don't know if it would work, but you may be able to see a slight wobble in the wheel.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Bring it up casually and see if you can catch him off guard.

You: "So, nice weather we're having..."
Him: "Yeah, not too bad"
You: "Hm-mm, and how did you bend the rims?"
Him: "Well that happened last- ...aww crap"

*Note: may not actually work*
wow that was funny but then the other guys gunna think .. WTF i never said it was bent and he knows its in great conidtion or something and then now you just sound like an idiot/ass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts