8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
I saw the Roots when I was on internship in Aspen...awesome show it was outside in the middle of january snowing like a mofo...
haha but i bet it was worth it...
Anger Management Tour w/ Eminem!!!!!
:dancing::dancing::dancing:
Eminem FTW...u went to the one in the garden?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Cypress Hill a little over 10 years ago. 311 opened up for them, and this was @ the Bronco Bowl in Dallas/Oak Cliff. Cypress was unreal, 2 story Buddah on stage, BReal smoked out of a 4 footer, and during one song went up to Balcony, and walked around the theater while never missing a rhyme.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Flame me but i went to a Dave Matthews Concert last summer and it was mind blowing, Trey from Phish came and jammed with him....im not a Phish head but im a music junkie and appreciate all types of music...and this music was just amazing..they jammed for like 20 mins straight and i was in awe..and im not really a big DMB fan either!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I saw the Roots when I was on internship in Aspen...awesome show it was outside in the middle of january snowing like a mofo...
I caught the Roots at the 9:30 Club in DC year ago. Very good stuff. Chuck Brown was also bangin' at Tacoma Station in DC.

The *best* concert was Sade's Lover's Rock Tour at the Baltimore Arena. Then-uknown india.arie opened for her and was awesome. But Sade and Sweetback were just incredible. In part because the audio was absolutely perfect. I was there with my wife but I wasn't hollerin' like a teenager at Sade. Dee-licious and absolutely worth the long ride home.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
For me it was the TranSiberian Orchestra....

I think that is what it's called. Anyways, I thought it was a orchestra band, but it actually turned out to be that but with a heavy metal twist. It was a great show.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Been to a lot of concerts but the best as far as visual I would have to say ...

Rammstein back in 01 in Vegas. They did not use a whole lot of fire as it was in doors but really good pyro.

Best concert vocals....

Blue October back in October in Phoenix.

This band sounds so much better live...I mean I already love their albums but Justin sounds so much harder live.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
phish new years eve 99-00, seminole indian reservation florida, gator alley, 100,000 in attendance, largest ticketed event up to that point...they played for around 20 hours in 3 days...sick sh*t...if you dont like phish, I'm sorry, I dont care

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Cypress Hill a little over 10 years ago. 311 opened up for them, and this was @ the Bronco Bowl in Dallas/Oak Cliff. Cypress was unreal, 2 story Buddah on stage, BReal smoked out of a 4 footer, and during one song went up to Balcony, and walked around the theater while never missing a rhyme.

Damnit. I heard about that show too and wanted to go. There are 5 concerts that I missed and regret it.

1) Tool, I can't believe I've never seen tool live.
2) Cypress Hill
3) Snot - cost of admission was 2 canned goods. :banghead:
4) Slipknot when they first came through (before they got big), I heard it was the best concert ever
5) Sublime. I would've loved to have seen them. I honestly think that if I had seen sublime before Brad died my life would be different today.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Second Tool concert in New Orleans late last year. Probably the best one.

Godsmack when I was 16 or so.

Saw Tool first @ Bonnaroo.
Along with:
The Police
The White Stripes
Flaming Lips
The Roots
Ween
Ben Harper
Wilco
Widespread
Kings of Leon
Hot Tuna
Rodrigo y Gabriela

Saw Rage @ VooDoo
Along with:
Ben Harper again
Tiesto
Smashing Pumpkins
Black Crowes
Kings of Leon again
Spoon

Going to Bonnaroo again this year if funds allow :D
www.bonnaroo.com

61 - 80 of 201 Posts
About this Discussion
200 Replies
137 Participants
jnissen
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing