8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car flashed (hondata) and I was wondering if the best time to shift was still at 7800rpm? I raced an RSX-s and on lower rpm’s I pulled hard, but it looked like close to 8000+rpm’s he was coming back, slow but coming back. We ran a second time and I started to shift @ 7500-7600 and I did a lot better. My Mod’s include injen cai, apex N1 cat-back, p2r spacer, and the hondata re-flash . The RSX-s had megan cat, sri, dc race headers.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
people will tell you high in the rpm range so that you don't fall out of vtec when you get into the next gear. At least in the 1/4 mile to improve times.

fyi - we don't allow street racing posts, so I take it that this happened on a track.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
its launch dependant on how you were doing vs the rsx i would guess. and if your flashed why arent you shifting at 8600. your not making more power then at 8 but its not dropping off either so you might as well hold it there cuz its gonna make more power then the rpms youd be at when you shift. my 0.2

·
Registered
227 Posts
i would say between 8200 and 8600. the most power is in the top end so its best to stay as high in the rpms as you can without the rev limiter kicking in.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
vtec spike upwards starts at like 4600-5200
With that being said then would it be safe to assume that if a reflashed 8th shortshifted before the 8600 redline that it would stay on the big lobe as long as you were WOT?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
^^ that is a huge difference lol.

i think its actually 8150 stock. Its only 8600 if u have reflash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts