8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes are starting to squeak so i have a feeling I'm gonna have to do this job sooner than later. Do I just go to my local parts store? I have read up good things on hawk pads but they have so many different options and styles it's confusing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 馃檪

Registered

Registered
Okay so on the front I have centric semi-metalic 104.08290. Normal pads nothing to brag about IMO but have lots of dust on my rim something to keep in mind. Now on the rear I have centric 105.5370 ceramic

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back on 2016, I got a set of stoptech from TDtperformance similar to this ones but not slotted. I paid 400 cad including shipping. I am still running the same pads maybe I put 60k km on them and I see no issues. Stoptech 934.40049 - Street Kit - Slotted - Front & Rear | Free Shipping To Canada And Usa (tdotperformance.ca). Keep in mind that I service my brakes each change of seasons. (lube guide pins, clean brake pads from dust and add lubricant on the caliper bracket where the pad sits).
These look really nice!!! Low brake dust and all? And they ship in the us?

Registered
These look really nice!!! Low brake dust and all? And they ship in the us?
There is brake dust man, let say for my driving style in a 1 week you can see a layer of black dust on your front wheels. It can get ugly if you dont do a proper clean up... lol.. I am currently running black steels due to winter so I am unable to snap a photo for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is brake dust man, let say for my driving style in a 1 week you can see a layer of black dust on your front wheels. It can get ugly if you dont do a proper clean up... lol.. I am currently running black steels due to winter so I am unable to snap a photo for you.
Oh okay! I'm definitely interested! How do these compare to power stop?

Registered
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

Okay, had to search my inbox to make sure I got the info correct. So I bought Centric 906.4005 which is this one Centric 906.40005 - Preferred Axle Pack - 4-wheel | Free Shipping To Canada And Usa (tdotperformance.ca)

My coworker who knows a bit about brakes told me that StopTech quality is very similar to Centric brakes. Sorry for the initial confusion above. I was working while answering your question lol. Personally, I went for this kit because it comes with a black paint on the rotor that helps with rusting. Disc Brake Upgrade Kit | Centric Parts here I got the official website so you can check. Hope this helps

Registered
I usually go to autozone and get the gold breaks because when they are worn out you can replace them for free 馃槉 however i always tend to go with ceramic because I hate break dust with a passion and I've seen autozone and advance carry Weber I believe is the name and they are low noise ceramic breaks and that's what I'm going to get next and try out. They don't have the lifetime warranty but you can't put a price on stopping on a dime lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts