8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi all,

Figure I'd add my issue to this thread before starting a new one. Have started hearing this whine(ish) sound a few months ago. Happens off and on. Can't seem to track down what's causing it and it seems random. "Possibly" related to something in the braking system because the tone of the noise seems to change when I hit the brakes. But happens regardless of braking or not.

2008 Honda Civic LX. Automatic. About 120,000 miles. Engine was replaced at about 60,000 miles.

https://youtu.be/w9VrppgICNE

·
Registered
265 Posts
Brake pads.

The rears (maybe the fronts too, im not sure) will make the wear indicator noise at times if you are not braking.
Think you nailed it. I had never heard a wear indicator make that type of sound before so I was skeptical. Took it into a shop. Fronts and rears were down to 5%. Rotors and pads up front, turned drums and shoes in back.

So far, so good. :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

Really weird loud noise just started happening to my car. It's a 2008 Civic SI. I just installed the CAI in it yesterday and went to take it for a drive and ran fine but got home and shut it off and restarted and this is what I hear. Very loud too. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first post here so it wouldn't let me link the video so I might need to post a few comments before I can attach a link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good evening guys. I've exhausted the search, trying to pinpoint this noise I've had on my 2007 Si. When I bought the car 7,000k miles ago, it was pretty faint. At this moment in time, the noise is prevalent. It is pretty loud at idle, and quiets with revs because it's rapidity increases with revs and the engine noise drowns it out. I'm having a valve adjustment done soon, and any help would be appreciated. The car has 95k miles, for reference.

Thanks in advance

https://youtu.be/XH_NaWvBtqc

·
Registered
21 Posts
2010 LX.

There's a creaking noise coming from the front end when I go over bumps at slow speeds... even small bumps. It also seems to be more evident while i'm making hard turns, but that part could possibly be my imagination. Anyway, it sounds awful:

https://youtu.be/JI8WrZ92eWc

I've replaced both front CV axles... didn't solve the noise issue. Any ideas? Don't want to keep dumping money into it, but it annoys the hell out of me. thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
kat-karrrr noise from front suspension

Since quite some time, i hear kat+karrr noise from front suspension (kat=like 2 parts colliding, karrr=like 2 parts friction)

- all bushes checked and changed.
- Tie rod, linkages changed.
- both struts, strut mounts, coils and bearings checked twice, all ok
- no wheel wobbling (checked by shaking wheel while car on ramp)
- engine mount looks OK.
- no touching metal parts like exhause pipe etc.

This kat+karrr noise comes when driving straight (and NOT just when accelarating or breaking) on some slightly uneven road bumps, or while climbing on or getting down from speed breaker.

I do have existing minor CV joint issue which cause another type rhythmic metallic sound on steep corners. Can above kat+karrr noise during straight line drive on uneven road be also caused by bad Axel/ CV joint? Or it could be something else?

I am struggling to find root cause, any suggestion please?

121 - 140 of 157 Posts