8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm gonna make a thread about it after this, just figured I'd put it here too. But I am hearing this bubbling/gurgling sound after using AC for the first time in an 06 civic I recently purchased. The AC blew warm, so I'm assuming 1) I need a recharge and 2) the sound I am hearing is something in the systems involving the AC

youtu.be/8jA9Cl7VlQ8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone, So I have a 2007 Civic Si Sedan just hitting 90,000 miles. I bought this car last October, haven't had any problems until now. Hoping everyone could give me some suggestions, if not answers. I've been having a noise that sounds like plastic hitting fast fan blades, but only in 4th gear. When the sound started a couple of days ago it was in 2nd gear and 4th but very faint, until I got off work that day. Driving home 4th was horrible and very very loud. I called my fiance and let him hear it over the phone, he didn't know what it could be so I called our buddy a mechanic and let him hear it. He didn't know what it could be either so I just continued to skip 4th until he could come to the house and take a look. He came over the next day to test drive it and to hear the sound, but the car wouldn't crank. So he thought maybe it was the starter. So I've been searching for the best starter to buy, and then today my fiance said he wanted to go outside and just see if it would crank since the last time we tried was about 4 days ago. Well, it started just fine and ran, so I took it down the road and the noise was still there so now we are back to square one not knowing where to go. So any suggestions on where to look, or what I should do from here. Thanks for everyone's time in advance it is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/C4ikj9DhxxI

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cam Chain Whine After Head Gasket Replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzt_iptI4Z4

Here is a video. I can't find anything on this. It started after I replaced the head gasket. The guides aren't worn. I replaced the tensioner before I put it back together. After the I heard the whining, I replaced the chain. It was out of spec. When it didn't stop, I replaced the top guide. The car runs fine otherwise. Not sure what this is. Please help!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I'm having an, what I think, exhaust noise. If it's not, what is it? And how can I fix it? It's a nice car but it's embarrassing driving around with this noise :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkclre5k_54
If it's the rattle you're talking about, likely the catalytic converter heat shield has loosened up/rusted. Take a look under the car at the cat and see if it looks rusted and loose.

Options: Rip off the shield altogether (a lot of people go this route) or see if you can tighten it up somehow (not sure if there's a heatproof ziptie type of option)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cold Start Rattle (VTC actuator)

My 07 Si makes a rattle noise from a cold start as well. I called the Honda dealership and he informed me it was the VTC Actuator. if anyone else had that fix or replaced could you tell me if it worked. My car is still under warranty so ill be getting it fixed no matter what. thanks
I realize this was a while back, but did you happen to figure out the cold start rattle? I'm dealing with the same problem and also suspect the VTC actuator, but that seems more common on Accords than Civics. Interested to hear if you had the actuator replaced and if that fixed your problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recently had my master and slave cylinders change for my clutch. I was getting a clunking feel every time I change gears. In my case it wound up being my master cylinder was not fully disengaging my clutch. New master and slave cylinders are now installed and problem gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 honda civic lx r18

Hi guys im wondering if anyone can help me with diagnosing this noise.
I just had the clutch/throwout bearing replaced trans serviced... and the noise has not gone away. I thought it could have been the input shaft bearing in the transmission but the noise goes away when i engage the clutch. The shop looked around the car to make sure it wasn't a cv joint or axle problem... just think its got something to do with the trans/clutch area... Please help!

https://youtu.be/eJk7KqKYVRc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen a lot of wheel bearing complaints coming from the front wheels of our cars. So I just recently put in a complaint to Honda's recall line. There needs to be more people submitting these claims for Honda to actually do anything about this 'whirring' noise issue. Unless we have to be the ones to pay for this

·
Registered
6 Posts
I started hearing noise in my 06 SI immediately after installing a new OEM clutch. Shifting is smooth but I hear a knocking when I am at a stop and start to go as well as in reverse. I checked my axles and they are seated and everything seems tight.... anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whining Noise directly related to throttle response

Can someone please help me with this noise? This noise occurs when I am in neutral revving up engine and also when in all gears. My car has 160,000 miles on it and it bone stock other than the short ram intake. Any help would be appreciated. You can hear the noise in this video.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts