8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will become a collection of videos to aid in diagnosis of common issues with our vehicles. Please post what you have, I will add to the first post. I'll get this started.

Thanks!

Worn Transmission Bearings
-Can be heard as a constant whirring at idle.
-Noise is most predominant in idle and first two gears.

Worn Idler and/or Tensioner Pulley
-Can be heard at idle.
-Pitch and volume increase with RPM.
-Sound is similar to supercharger whine.
Thank you lonewolf2864

Cracked Wheel
-Can be heard when car is in motion.
-Approximately one click per wheel revolution, therefore more clicks at higher speed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I need to put a vid together of my problem too. I have a clicking noise that comes from my left front wheel area and it only happens when I'm braking very very lightly. For example, traveling 8-10 mph and braking very slowly it will start clicking. I took the wheel off and the caliper and air-dusted both off but the problem persists....

I'll try to put a vid together.

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to put a vid together of my problem too. I have a clicking noise that comes from my left front wheel area and it only happens when I'm braking very very lightly. For example, traveling 8-10 mph and braking very slowly it will start clicking. I took the wheel off and the caliper and air-dusted both off but the problem persists....

I'll try to put a vid together.
Please do.

Looking for anyone that has a video of a problem they have solved, to compile a collection.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Awesome idea for a thread! Sub'd, and if I can find videos of my old car I'll post what a final drive failure sounds like in an Si.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the clicking while braking I seemed to have that issue, but it was coming from the rear of the car. Does it kind of sound like a part of the suspension creaking, but only when you apply light pressure to the brake? Does it also happen if you lightly pull up on the ebrake (one or two clicks when pulling the ebrake)? If so mine ended up being the brake pads. I took them off and reapplied brake lubricant and the issue stopped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the clicking while braking I seemed to have that issue, but it was coming from the rear of the car. Does it kind of sound like a part of the suspension creaking, but only when you apply light pressure to the brake? Does it also happen if you lightly pull up on the ebrake (one or two clicks when pulling the ebrake)? If so mine ended up being the brake pads. I took them off and reapplied brake lubricant and the issue stopped.
I have the same issue i took the breakpads off and re lubricated them but the problem persist. any other ideas of what i might be?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey members, confused on this sound. Can you help me? I think it's a chain and or tensioner problem. Can anyone confirm?

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen >

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the same problem as CatchThaBeat. ^ Sounds like a rattle and starts as soon as I start the engine. Continues as I drive thru 1,2. Never gone pass second gear. Need help cuz I just bought a list of accessories and new wheels. Cant put any of it on till I find out what is wrong with my si. Anybody know what it is or how I can fix it. Please, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
thanks for the info mikey helped me out figure out what that whining noise was from my car.

on a side note, ur regamasters cracked?!
my cheapo xxrs are getting beaten on daily here in la roads and havent cracked yet.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
thanks for the info mikey helped me out figure out what that whining noise was from my car.

on a side note, ur regamasters cracked?!
my cheapo xxrs are getting beaten on daily here in la roads and havent cracked yet.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts