8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up peeps:

I have a good amount of money coming in shortly (willing to spend 2-3k of it) on performance mods for my soon to be beast :cheerleader: lol... Here's what I have done to my ride so far:

- arm cai
- unorthredox pulleys
- vibrant rh
- vibrant full cat w/ 2.65 piping

What would you suggest to do next to make it more torqueier with good hp gains. Keep in mind Im not not all interested on going turbo or s/c, thanks on advance!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Innovative Engine Mount Kit 75A. It will help you to get more hp and tq to the wheel. If you no longer have the warranty or you dun care, skunk2 stage 1 cam is the way to go. I wouldn't get reflash as there are lots of shops and members stating k-pro or whatever they name it is coming out "soon."

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
What would you suggest to do next to make it more torqueier with good hp gains. Keep in mind Im not not all interested on going turbo or s/c, thanks on advance!!
.....a K24A2 Block swap.

If you no longer have the warranty or you dun care
What does the the status of a warranty have to with anything?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a tsx block you talking about right?

Should I invest on a intake manifold?.. I heard about the kpro and it coming out "soon" who knows when that will be.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
With 2-3k I would get:

Reflash
Motor Mounts
Better tires
Short shifter
Gearing
Nitrous
Cams
Ported RBC IM

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
That's a tsx block you talking about right?

Should I invest on a intake manifold?.. I heard about the kpro and it coming out "soon" who knows when that will be.
Hind sight is always 20/20, if I had o start over again I would get the K24A2 (TSX) block from the get go.

You want parts that are going to provide substantial gains like displacement, not marginal one like intake and exhaust.

Some will argue the "tuning" factor with a block swap and what I have to say is I would get RC 370's (SL4-0370H) and do an AFR tune with emanage ultimate. I'd also replace the rod bolts with ARP units to prevent high RPM stretch.

A manifold or ported manifold will only benefit you with a stage 2 or 3 cam and some dyno time and even then the gains would be marginal (manifold).

I recommend
Skunk Stage 1 cams
K24A2 Block swap
ARP rod bolts
RC 370 injectors
and a AFR tune with emanage ultimate

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
those things cannot be done within 2-3k. Part wise, yes, but I dun think he can do that himself. Anyways, reflash and Skunk2 stage 1 cam will put down some nice numbers.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
those things cannot be done within 2-3k. Part wise, yes, but I dun think he can do that himself. Anyways, reflash and Skunk2 stage 1 cam will put down some nice numbers.
ALL of those parts, no.

But he can pick up a K24A2 long block for well under $3k and part the cylinder head and components and possibly make up to a $1000 back. Or even trade the full cylinder head for an emanage ultimate for the AFR tune he'll need. If he and friends can swap the block he can accomplish it, it might be close but it's doable and WILL give the best results.

$2400 shipped and I didn't even look.

eBay Motors: 04 05 06 2006 07 ACURA TSX 2.4 K24A2 ENGINE (item 110340321194 end time Feb-18-09 14:47:21 PST)

Contact Nikos on K20A.org or steve at hmotorsonline.com

I personally like buying long blocks because I can do leak down and compression test, then part them out. With a short block you really can't judge the rings.

I found some on www.car-part for $2k and under.

$1650.00 - B & B Foreign Car Salvage Kennedale, TX 1-817-478-4451 / 1-800-242-6019 (stock #278047)

Shipping would be like $300 tops, sell the head and cams for like $700

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
port and polish ur intake manifold and tb =)
The stock manifold flows great out of the box and isn't anywhere close to bottle necking flow.

Porting and polishing will yield minimal gains at best on a modded engine and really wouldn't benefit a motor that didn't have cams and quite possibly can hurt performance.

For $100 you can send your throttle body to maxbore.com, this I would do. Also you can have your manifold coated with a ceramic thermal barrier coating. Not advertising here but expect to pay $150, it also looks hot!

Below is an RBC manifold we cut for a K20A2 and coated for a customer.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
really? cuz im thinking about sending my intake manifold / tb to king motorsports tomorrow to get the port and polished *_* should i hold off on on it?

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
you can always upgrade to a new clutch. i recommend the ACT AR1-XTSS:laughing:
You are nuts dude!

really? cuz im thinking about sending my intake manifold / tb to king motorsports tomorrow to get the port and polished *_* should i hold off on on it?
#1) I would only send my manifold to blueprintracing.com for manifold service.
#2) on an engine that can't be tuned with true standalone and would only be seeing 200-210 WHP in the near future a ported manifold would most likeley hinder performance. That is unless someone can put up a dyno showing otherwise.

You needs cams and tuning to see any benefit from a ported manifold, and by cams I mean stage 2 or 3 or IPS units. A ported manifold is removing a bottleneck in which case yours isn't bottlenecking anything right now.

I WOULD send my TB to Maxbore.com throttle body boring service though. $100

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
3595 = comptech supercharger. most bang for the buck. 40whp on a stock engine and way WAY more with bolt ons that you could take your time slowly adding.
just the blower on a stock engine = 230whp. not to shabby.
blower and full bolt ons = 250-260whp. ;) boost is your cost effective friend. hehe.

or nitrous but thats not always on and you gotta refill it too. nitrous is cool but eh not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installaion costs isn't a biggy since I got back in contact with tech that use and did all he manchanical work on my b16c5 hatch that I use own prioper to this car. I thinking and leaning towards getting a k24 block, pp, cam, kpro/reflash

1 - 20 of 21 Posts