8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2006 Civic Sedan with Navigation. I was sent an email asking me to upgrade to the 2010 version of the navigation software and I'm debating whether to do it...

Can't seem to see whats new about it.... Are there any new features? Or is it just a map update?

Thanks.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Well it will only update new roads, locations ETC. Really not needed.

Only time I would upgrade is like 10 years from now.

No point in it really. Save the 150 bucks for other necessities!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With amount of miles I put on my Civic it won't be around in 10 years...

Thanks for the info, that's what I thought.

I wish it had the feature (or maybe it does) that my wife's cheap Garmin has. Her's shows a speed limit sign on the screen for whatever road she's on. I like that feature.

Otherwise it has been fairly good and has saved me many times.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
my friend didnt update his map, and one time we were driving down some random road and the gps just showed we were in the middle of a desert offroading haha

·
Banned
873 Posts
With amount of miles I put on my Civic it won't be around in 10 years...

Thanks for the info, that's what I thought.

I wish it had the feature (or maybe it does) that my wife's cheap Garmin has. Her's shows a speed limit sign on the screen for whatever road she's on. I like that feature.

Otherwise it has been fairly good and has saved me many times.
Oh I know, my sister has one. Very helpful..very very helpful. But yea, the upgrade is only a way to get scammed more money. Well i wouldn't say scam to be exact, i'd just say another way to get suckered for usless spending I guess. I mean, unless they added a whole new state and your living there now and your GPS says your in the Ocean.. Then ok upgrade please :D

my friend didnt update his map, and one time we were driving down some random road and the gps just showed we were in the middle of a desert offroading haha
Haha yea, they build a new road here in Georgia that is windy and goes through some thick forest, supposedly my car was cutting down through really huge oak trees 0.0 Power of :vtec: haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts