8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok in the process of getting after market motor mounts question is whose product is better the innovative motor mounts i seen cause like 300+ but the boomba motor mounts cost 197 whats the difference? is there a difference? what would u do >? thanks for the help....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
most times, not all, but most times, the more money the product costs, the more R&D was put into it, and the quality of materials used is better

I say this lightly because everyone has probably been screwed somewhere in the past with an expensive part that crapped out on them shortly after install

personally i go with familiar, trusted name brands that my techs and other friends have used with no problems

as for your question, I am going with Innovative because I have heard nothing but good things about them, nothing against boomba, I just dont know enough about them to risk it

as with all aftermarket parts, you always run the risk of something going wrong, keep that in mind, but its personal preference, some will say innovative, some will say boomba, but in the end its up to what you are comfortable with spending IMO

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
innovative replaces the actual pass side motor mount ! where as boomba does not ! boomba only replaces the dog bone.

innovative mounts do not require use of the dog bone mount after install !

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
innovative replaces the actual pass side motor mount ! where as boomba does not ! boomba only replaces the dog bone.

innovative mounts do not require use of the dog bone mount after install !
^^^ yeah that, once again. I have innovative on my car and my brothers. My brother had it for a year or so... no problems. I just installed mine... can't be happier

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
How much power are you looking at max? If your staying N/A, I would probably go with the innovative because you can get softer bushings. If your going for boost, then I would say the Boomba's are a good choice.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i have boomba had them for about 2 months now and i don't even notice vibrations after take off anymore. Boomba replaces front mount and upper and lower dogbones. I'm really happy with the mounts no complaints from me. there really lightweight and i have no wheel hop. i'll be going to the track this weekend and see how well they do there. but for the price u can't beat the Boomba mounts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts