8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have k&n Intake and magna flow 2.5 cat back, what would be the next best step. Something under $1000 that would give me good hp boost that is available.. Btw its an R18 :eek:hnoes: motor so keep that in mind for the options you give me.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should i get 18s or 19s, i know 18's with smaller profile tires would be able to fit with same circumfrence as stock ones i have so no change in rotation, but 19s look way better.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Best upgrade for the money?
Meaning it should do something with handling/performance .. that rules 19" out of the question..(that is if you can find lightweight 19s ... which will not be under a grand lol) stick with 17's , 18's max

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
-rims are a good mod, but will cost alot for lightweight ones. more than $1000
-the DCRH was the best bang for teh buck, but since its been sold ot APC, the cheapest reliable header is vibrant at $600
-intake and exhaust will net about the same gains as a header and cost about the same.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
he can get lightweight rims other then volk lol and it will be under a grand. even the rotas are significantly lighter then stock dependin on there design and there very affordable. i'd go no larger then 17 if your lookin to stay light.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
rota attacks are 15.5lbs for 17x7 and have been proven to be quite strong and are $625 for all 4...accelration, handling, braking, its all there.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
he can get lightweight rims other then volk lol and it will be under a grand. even the rotas are significantly lighter then stock dependin on there design and there very affordable. i'd go no larger then 17 if your lookin to stay light.
rotas = ~$650
good tires = $500

before you say to re-use the OEm tires...what good is a lightweight rim if your tires cant grip for ****?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
o0o..didnt read the r18 part....
definatly rims and tires first. since chances are you want to get rid of the 16's that come on that car you shouldnt get just tires first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts