8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about getting the full HFP kit, fog lights and the auto dimming mirror when I get my new 08. I know that buying these things after market could be cheaper, but I would like to get them financed up front. I was thinking about bringing in a printout from College Hills Honda to show them how ridiculous their prices are.

But do you think offering $1200-$1500 for the package will get it done?

·
Registered
490 Posts
So I am thinking about getting the full HFP kit, fog lights and the auto dimming mirror when I get my new 08. I know that buying these things after market could be cheaper, but I would like to get them financed up front. I was thinking about bringing in a printout from College Hills Honda to show them how ridiculous their prices are.

They won't care on the sales floor... They will tell you that they have to install and it comes with a warranty when installed by them. I tried that already with the printout and all. AFTER you buy you may be able to get the Parts/Services to match the online price + local sales tax and then install yourself but for 1500 you won't even get the lip kit alone.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They won't care on the sales floor... They will tell you that they have to install and it comes with a warranty when installed by them. I tried that already with the printout and all. AFTER you buy you may be able to get the Parts/Services to match the online price + local sales tax and then install yourself but for 1500 you won't even get the lip kit alone.
That's disappointing haha. Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
490 Posts

That's disappointing haha. Thanks :thumb:
Sorry man, I tried to bargain like that too lol... They MAY do it if you pay them ALOT on the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
LOL see the 6th (or 5th) page in my "Why do I suck at negotiation" thread...

Here's what I paid:

Auto D/N mirror $ 267.50
Underbody Spoiler $ 1,132.50
Foglights $ 448.75
----------------------------------
Total $1848.75

Had I gotten those from college hills and installed myself:

mirror 213.6
fogs 243.6
lip kit 1116.4
-------------------------------
Total $1,573.6

Difference: $275.15

So for $275.15, I get everything installed, financed, and covered under warranty. Not too shabby IMO

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL see the 6th (or 5th) page in my "Why do I suck at negotiation" thread...

Here's what I paid:

Auto D/N mirror $ 267.50
Underbody Spoiler $ 1,132.50
Foglights $ 448.75
----------------------------------
Total $1848.75

Had I gotten those from college hills and installed myself:

mirror 213.6
fogs 243.6
lip kit 1116.4
-------------------------------
Total $1,573.6

Difference: $275.15

So for $275.15, I get everything installed, financed, and covered under warranty. Not too shabby IMO

Plus you didn't get a bad deal on the vehicle itself. I am paying them 19,950 for an 08 SI sedan. Maybe I will offer $2,000. If they don't take that then I will just get the mirror and foglights put in so the electrical equipment is covered under the warranty. I doubt they will replace the HFP kit due toa scratch or ding or something anyways

I remember when I get my 07 that they were asking over $700.00 for foglights :SHOCKED: So I am in for a battle

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Plus you didn't get a bad deal on the vehicle itself. I am paying them 19,950 for an 08 SI sedan. Maybe I will offer $2,000. If they don't take that then I will just get the mirror and foglights put in so the electrical equipment is covered under the warranty. I doubt they will replace the HFP kit due toa scratch or ding or something anyways

I remember when I get my 07 that they were asking over $700.00 for foglights :SHOCKED: So I am in for a battle
holy crap! :SHOCKED: $700?!?!

I was willing to pay a lil more for the fogs (pretty much anything you have to run wires for) cause I suck at electronicks lol.

I *think* I could install the lip kit but I'd rather have someone do it who has experience doing it. Plus then if it falls off on the highway, I take it in and they give me a new one!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holy crap! :SHOCKED: $700?!?!

I was willing to pay a lil more for the fogs (pretty much anything you have to run wires for) cause I suck at electronicks lol.

I *think* I could install the lip kit but I'd rather have someone do it who has experience doing it. Plus then if it falls off on the highway, I take it in and they give me a new one!
Exactly what I am thinking. I know nothing about electronics, so I am getting the foglights installed by them if I can get them down from that ridiculous price.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Exactly what I am thinking. I know nothing about electronics, so I am getting the foglights installed by them if I can get them down from that ridiculous price.
If they won't budge you'd almost be better off buying them at college hills and if you can't get them installed yourself, find a shop that specializes in electronics and have them do it!!

good luck man, sorry to hear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts