8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to keep the lx for winter time as here in Idaho they spray that deicer crap on the roads it it tends to eat wheels. I should have said that in my original post. ;)

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
new sensors will cost you roughly $200 + installation costs. Then, every time you switch wheels you will need to go tot he dealership to have the sensors programmed ... which costs roughly $85 give or take some (every dealer is different)

You need to get them reprogrammed each time because the car can only recognize one set of sensors at a time.

my suggestion ... dont bother putting sensors in the new wheels. you will have a 'TPMS' light on your dash, but your car will function 100% normal. then, in the winter when you put your stock wheels back on, the light will go away.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^Hmmm. Maybe I will switch them to the Si's then in the winter go without since we will probably only have them on for 3-4 months. I'm finding that TPMS blows!!! Thanks for ur help!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^So if I swap the sensors, when they dismount the stealies, will that hurt the sensors at all? Will I need to have them reprogrammed?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
^So if I swap the sensors, when they dismount the stealies, will that hurt the sensors at all? Will I need to have them reprogrammed?
as long as they are careful, the sensors should be fine.

as long as you keep the same sensors, nothing will need to be reprogrammed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts