8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a sort of a problem and i just need some help (another or couple )of advice on what to do?
the problem is that i leave in a town that has hardly any tuner shops (one) and not alot of civic si owners. all we really have are evo's and sti's. i have a 06 civic si with fuji sri,buddy club header,skunk2 70mm,hondata reflash and i need/want more to stand to these evo's and sti's.
i have been looking at a couple of things to do coilovers because thats auto x is the only thing close to go do but for a dd and the bad roads i dont think that would help so i wanted to add some kick to my car so i have been looking into a zex kit with the saftey tools and came to a cost of 1500 or so and thats where im at right now. i dont have a lot of money coming in but i was planing on a new project for my car. i would love to get a supercharger but i would hate to drop that much $ and need it. so what do you guys thing should i get the zex kit or just save for a couple of month/ a year and get the supercharger? i have been think and i just need a little more help. sorry for the very long post. any info would help. :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nitrous are cheap, but in the long run become expensive.. so if i was you, i will save my money and get a supercharger or turbo kit later down the road.. they sound so much better and look alot better..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was really wanting to do. my brother had one in his old civic and he said the same thing. than he got an evo

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
thats what i was really wanting to do. my brother had one in his old civic and he said the same thing. than he got an evo
Nitrous, if you run anything larger than a 75shot then you will need some sort of tuning to retard timing..

and if you do get a supercharger you will be able to keep up with stock evos and stis, but as soon as those cars get moded then you are back at zero.. if i was you i will save for a turbo since you can get better numbers out of a turbo then a sc...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would go for a turbo but since i have the other bolt ons i was going more towards the supercharger plus when doing the header it was a real pain. but the truth is i would love a turbo.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
i would go for a turbo but since i have the other bolt ons i was going more towards the supercharger plus when doing the header it was a real pain. but the truth is i would love a turbo.
nothing wrong with a supercharger. you cant adject the psi when you want to though. but if you want more with a supercharger you can get a smaller pulley

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was thinking about getting the zex nitrous kit because of it being cheap and a dd(dont have to run a the time) but the the cost of refilling and if that one company goes out of business i got to drive an hour are so to refill it. super charger is always there and easier to install with the reflash. i just wanted to know because i still owe a lot/some what on the car. thanks for your guys advice and input.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for the comptech or even th jackson supercharger do you need any thing else right way?
since it is tunned into the ecu do you need gauges right away?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts