8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on what I could do with the pocket below the HU? Im installing the bluetooth pioneer deck on friday, and am trying to come up with something to do with that space that will still flow well with the curvature of the dash. Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
If you can make a pocket with a fold down face out of it somehow, like the precvious Civics had, that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
put your cd's in there or your cellphone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i figure the Ipod will go in there, but im really trying to figure out something to fill the space and provide some functionality and appearance. Dont really want a bunch of random stuff in the sliding around.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rba007 said:
Well i figure the Ipod will go in there, but im really trying to figure out something to fill the space and provide some functionality and appearance. Dont really want a bunch of random stuff in the sliding around.
On mine, I just purchased and modified the lower pocket from the previous generation Civic. Looks great and has a fully functional door. Can't remember where you can find one - I had an old one from my girl's Civic.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
lush said:
On mine, I just purchased and modified the lower pocket from the previous generation Civic. Looks great and has a fully functional door. Can't remember where you can find one - I had an old one from my girl's Civic.
That's exactly what I was saying to do.

Matter of fact, I have one I can sell you if you want. Came out of my wife's 2005 Civic LX.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Just get a double din. Then it wont be there. J/K

I like that pocket for my cell phone but the phone gets hot under there. Not sure that's good for the phone. Id like to see someone put some switches, like for fog lights in that space.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
sgtpruitt said:
Just get a double din. Then it wont be there. J/K

I like that pocket for my cell phone but the phone gets hot under there. Not sure that's good for the phone. Id like to see someone put some switches, like for fog lights in that space.
Think I've seen that done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can those be wired into any HU, or something involving dolby 5.1? Mine does read dvd's and such, just curious because that looks pretty good.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
idk, click on one and crutchfield has a research tab for each product they sell. it goes in depth about that stuff. if i had a single din, thats the way id go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read through info on crutchfield last night, and It really didnt say what type of HU would be needed to take advantage of a center channel. If anyone has any info on that subject id love to hear it. Im hoping to do the install of everything I picked up; HU, sub amp and sub friday afternoon.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You don't have to have any type of h/u to run a center channel. BUT, if you don't have something that has a dedicated center channel input you're really asking for trouble. Think of it in terms of available RCA inputs. You only have f/r/sub on a typical headunit. H/u's with 5.1 (or additional processors with 5.1) have a dedicated center channel input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts