8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've hit 103 trap on the 1/4 at 13.7 quite a while back. I'm wanting to go tomorrow to the track if it doesn't rain, will update to see if i can beat my previous best

Chapa

·
Registered
490 Posts
The debate was your avg intake/header Si getting pulled on by a RevUp Z
98-99 trap vs 103-105 trap

You came in and said your hello kitty mobile can pull on 370Zs with ZERO evidence proving the kitty car traps anything close to 107 which is what 370s trap on a regular basis STOCK let alone even a bolt-on version lol

Show us what the kitty car traps - should be awesome lol
I don't have an Si, but ^ this isn't all fact. 9 times out of 10 the 370z will pull a bolt on Si. I've seen 370s trap 102-103 as well, so driver error comes into play. I've ran a RevUp Z at the track and he was trapping 98-99 where I was going 104. On AVERAGE they do NOT trap 103-105 lol. Probably more like 100-102. 370s trap 104-105 on AVERAGE. With a good driver that will differ, just like with the Si. On the street anything can happen, so while it may not be the norm, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

However, once both cars get into triple digits, there's no doubt the Z will pull unless the Si has FBO/tune at the minimum. < Even then it's questionable.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've seen 370s trap 102-103 as well, so driver error comes into play. I've ran a RevUp Z at the track and he was trapping 98-99 where I was going 104. On AVERAGE they do NOT trap 103-105 lol. Probably more like 100-102. 370s trap 104-105 on AVERAGE. With a good driver that will differ, just like with the Si. On the street anything can happen, so while it may not be the norm, that doesn't mean it's impossible.
Quote for the 350z/370z fanboy :wavey:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Serg. You are so funny to watch respond. You haven't kept a consistent argument ever. But what I laugh the most about is how you spend more neurons coming up with variations of my screen name then you do on logically explaining which race you want to compare with.
But to embrace your point at this moment I proved with a time slip how trap doesn't matter. 107 mph car going 8/10 second faster then your one true love the 350z, I mean the high rev 350z, I mean the 370z, **** I meant that nismo tuned 3570 high rev godmobile.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
706 Posts
But to embrace your point at this moment I proved with a time slip how trap doesn't matter.
Thanks for proving your ignorance for everyone to see again

Do me a favor and tell that to the next racer you WATCH so he can get a good laugh in at your expense - pay the laughs forward for me

Trap is power to weight

ET is your ability to put that power to the ground

One day when you actually grow a pair and decide to race you will understand all of this - or maybe not given your low IQ

The good news is I will be back in California soon and will grab my GoPro, my old Z and an intake/header Si to show everyone what it looks like --- I'll even include dyno videos at the same dyno from the same day - unlike you're troll existence here I participate at 8thcivic events.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Running a mid 12 with those 60 & 1/8 mile times show a lot to. Same car with bigger tires can increase trap speed a few miles per hour if driven correctly. A taller final gear, no head wind, many things affect trap speed. It is not a figure of huge power difference when dealing with a few mph. Now talking about a car that has 150 vs 110.....that's a big difference. Heck even tongman had a 6 mph difference in just driving and tire combo. He was able to launch good, accelerate faster in the beginning so he had more time to trap higher. All big factors. Serg problem is he thinks you can look at speed and determine a winner. I feel et is more important.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The launch has very little to do with the trap speed. If I get a good launch I can hit 12.1 @ 112mph. If I take it easy off the line, 12.8 @ 111.7mph.

Trap Speed Vs. ET explained here | Mustang Forums at StangNet

THE DYNAMICS OF TRAP SPEED VS. ET

After running lots of quarter miles, it becomes clear that how well you do in the first 100 feet of the track is KEY to a good time. The last half of the track is KEY to a good speed.

Let's use an example of a stick-shift mini-pickup that on a perfect run, gets a timeslip of 19.50 seconds at 70.00 mph in the quarter.

Imagine that the light turns green, the truck moves two feet and the engine dies for three seconds. After restarting the engine, the driver proceeds to then complete a perfect pass. His time slip would show 22.50 seconds at 69.97 mph. The ET was 3.00 seconds high but the speed was almost unaffected.. why?? It's because his racetrack was 1318 feet long instead of 1320, and in those last two feet this truck usually gains an additional 0.03 mph. However, the clocks recorded the long time. My point? Much of a great ET is made by a great launch.

Now take this truck again, and the driver leaves right on the green light. However, he misses the 3-4 shift when he's at 1250 feet. He coasts for the last 70 feet while trying to find fourth gear. Now instead of accelerating another few mph in this final 70 feet of the track, he decelerates over this distance. His timeslip; 19.51 at 67.83 mph. Note how the et is almost perfect (only off by 0.01 second) but the trap speed is way off (over 2 mph slow)! On a good run, traveling that last 70 feet at an average of 69 mph, would have taken .692 seconds. At a 68 mph avg., that 70 feet takes .682 seconds. That's why his ET only varied by .01 seconds, yet the trap speed was 'way off'. My point here: the end of the track is critical to trap speed; shift rpm, missing a gear... these are the big players.

Hopefully these examples are clear. Neither of these runs are 'perfect' runs, it's just that one has an error at the start, one at the finish and the results are obvious. The start of the track is a big player in the ET, but a small player in the mph. The end of the track is a big player in the mph, but a small player the ET.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is some funny stuff. Got rice? Pull up next to me and you'll see how VTEC worked!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
My buddy is almost done working on his fully built motor for his Z. Expecting to get creamed but ill post back with the results. Whenever it happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FWD with slicks & RWD with good street tires will sometimes get close to the same 60foot time !!!

220whp SI weight 2800 & 2602whp stock 370z weight 3500..... do I have to say more really?
03-04 350z yes by a car & a half, 05-06 350z up rev maybe win by a car, 07-08 Hr 350.? Idk I’ve seen some crazy fast stock HRs there’s not much in it, I think Civic will hang around till 120-130 then Z would start pulling. And a 370z far as I’ve seem isn’t much faster than a HR 350 stock vs stock. Now my buddies Frank Swap 280whp 8th gen will talk to you. Stock Scat Packs and maybe a few ‘10-‘14 Camaro and a few Mustangs are fair chance, a well built well tuned civic can surprise people.

321 - 338 of 338 Posts