8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an si with intake header exhaust intake manifold zdx throttle body tuned flashpro, my question is what cars can i probably beat in race that would not expect it? for example camaro v6? newer models?

·
Registered
703 Posts
gti, supercharged cobalt, older model v6 mustang, s2000, mini cooper, rsx type s to name a few and this is assuming all of those cars are stock and that you know how to drive.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a 08 si with intake and header, and I run a 14.3 so if you are in the 13's with all thoes mods you can beat quiet a bit.
SRT-4
MS3
Mustang GT pre 2005
Ser sentra and altima
Maxima 3.0&3.5
350z non HR
g35 pre 2008
And much more.
A car that runs a 13.9 with a good driver can beat a lot of stock cars.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gti, supercharged cobalt, older model v6 mustang, s2000, mini cooper, rsx type s to name a few and this is assuming all of those cars are stock and that you know how to drive.
nice i know a few people with gti that want to race me and they are stock, claiming civic suck ass

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 08 si with intake and header, and I run a 14.3 so if you are in the 13's with all thoes mods you can beat quiet a bit.
SRT-4
MS3
Mustang GT pre 2005
Ser sentra and altima
Maxima 3.0&3.5
350z non HR
g35 pre 2008
And much more.
i also know 350z guys that talk **** saying their is no way they can loose to a civic

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
i have an si with intake header exhaust intake manifold zdx throttle body tuned flashpro, my question is what cars can i probably beat in race that would not expect it? for example camaro v6? newer models?
I raced one from 40 with megapower header, q300, aem cai and base map. Put almost 1 car on him by 90. my tune needed to be touched up and probably woulda beaten him worse

dude was cool about it, younger guy.. lol he waves to me all the time now since we live in the same neighborhood.

·
Registered
706 Posts
SRT-4
MS3
Mustang GT pre 2005
Ser sentra and altima
Maxima 3.0&3.5
350z non HR
g35 pre 2008
And much more.
Kids make me laugh - no intake/header Si is going to beat an 06 Z lol
Those cars trap 104-105 and run mid to low 13s -
FYI - a 98-100mph trap Si is light years slower than 105+ trapping car
The older DE 03-04 Zs trapped 99-101 so you might be close but the 05-06 RevUp motors are 103-105+ trap the HR is 104-106 and the 370s are 107+

I owned an 06 Z for 5+ years - from a 60 roll-on an Si would get destroyed without serious work-- intake/header is NOT serious work

After my UPREV reflash that Z was even stronger - I would stick to telling the kid he can challenge cars in the 90ish trap range -- telling him cars that are 103+ trap is setting him up for embarassment

Love my FA5 - its my 11th Honda - but lets not misinform kids about what it can/cant do lol -

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm not buying this GTI shiat. I have an MKV. She's 400hp now, but back when it was stock at 212hp, there wasn't much touching it even then.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Just go out and race and figure out for yourself. No shame in losing a race. Plus, what is the fun in racing people if you are already informed you should win.

And albeit I imagine you're " street racing" maybe try taking it to the track :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dodge minivan... yellow short bus...

I would see what your quarter mile time is and go from there. This way you can hit up car and driver or w.e website and see how you match up. Just remember that some cars like for example the mazda speed 3 do better from a roll.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kids make me laugh - no intake/header Si is going to beat an 06 Z lol
Those cars trap 104-105 and run mid to low 13s -
FYI - a 98-100mph trap Si is light years slower than 105+ trapping car
The older DE 03-04 Zs trapped 99-101 so you might be close but the 05-06 RevUp motors are 103-105+ trap the HR is 104-106 and the 370s are 107+

I owned an 06 Z for 5+ years - from a 60 roll-on an Si would get destroyed without serious work-- intake/header is NOT serious work

After my UPREV reflash that Z was even stronger - I would stick to telling the kid he can challenge cars in the 90ish trap range -- telling him cars that are 103+ trap is setting him up for embarassment

Love my FA5 - its my 11th Honda - but lets not misinform kids about what it can/cant do lol -
Reading seems to fail you.

They guy asked with his mods, not mine and if he is running high to mid 13's I really dont see why he wouldn't be able to beat a 350revup......you even said so your self that they run 13's

·
Registered
706 Posts
Reading seems to fail you.

They guy asked with his mods, not mine and if he is running high to mid 13's I really dont see why he wouldn't be able to beat a 350revup......you even said so your self that they run 13's
Do you know the difference between [email protected] and [email protected] is?

Let me put it into terms you might understand - RAPE

Those RevUp times are also on streets - on slicks it would be low low 13s

Its not remotely close kid - if you want to rely on the driver being an idiot you can beat ANY car -- if you want to logically deduce a race within reason - apples to apples - driver to driver you can use the running standard of things... bolt-on Si with a 94-98 trap vs a 104-105 trap Z has no chance - slick to slick and street to street the Z is the superior car in this case

The only ET listed was the 13.9 which is slower than a stock S2000 driven well - and from the videos/dynos of bolt-on Si's the vast majority of them have been stuck in the 14s which is understandable given the weight/power of the car --- I've driven and raced alot of my personal Hondas - traps in the 101-102 range NA --- Did I out tree and out ET faster cars? Sure - but I never fooled myself into thinking thats what SHOULD happen given a competent driver behind the wheel of said car.

He can get lucky against anything - but the slips wont lie - beating a Dodge Viper that runs a 13.6 in your 13.5 Civic does not make your Civic faster than a Viper - it just means the tool in the Viper needs to turn his keys in. Simple enough for you?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Do you know the difference between [email protected] and [email protected] is?

Let me put it into terms you might understand - RAPE

Those RevUp times are also on streets - on slicks it would be low low 13s

Its not remotely close kid - if you want to rely on the driver being an idiot you can beat ANY car -- if you want to logically deduce a race within reason - apples to apples - driver to driver you can use the running standard of things... bolt-on Si with a 94-98 trap vs a 104-105 trap Z has no chance - slick to slick and street to street the Z is the superior car in this case

The only ET listed was the 13.9 which is slower than a stock S2000 driven well - and from the videos/dynos of bolt-on Si's the vast majority of them have been stuck in the 14s which is understandable given the weight/power of the car --- I've driven and raced alot of my personal Hondas - traps in the 101-102 range NA --- Did I out tree and out ET faster cars? Sure - but I never fooled myself into thinking thats what SHOULD happen given a competent driver behind the wheel of said car.

He can get lucky against anything - but the slips wont lie - beating a Dodge Viper that runs a 13.6 in your 13.5 Civic does not make your Civic faster than a Viper - it just means the tool in the Viper needs to turn his keys in. Simple enough for you?
Dude chill out. He clearly said the non HR engine 350Z. Those were not that fast.

My FA5 with
S2 CAI
RBC with bored inlet
ZDX TB
Alpha Header
Invidia Q300
Flashpro

I was surprised that with this setup I could pull 2 cars easily from a roll race (40mph) to a 1st gen mazdaspeed (dont know if was modded). Before racing I was with my mind set that I was going to get raped. Even the driver was with the face of this is going to be an easy kill. But I manage to got him not one but three times. I still dont believe it.

The thing is that those cars are supposed to trap low 100mph.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Dude chill out. He clearly said the non HR engine 350Z. Those were not that fast.
The RevUp is a non-HR Z and 104-105 trap is significantly faster than a typical 94-98mph trap bolt-on Si - I've owned a RevUp Z and the Si at the same time

The "slow" DE equipped Z's trap 98-103 which is very close to a good bolt-on Si but will still run 13.60-70s on streets and low low 13s on slicks....I have yet to ever see a bolt-on Si run 13.60s on street tires - The RevUps are faster and respond better to mods - the HR is no contest with 106-107+traps and the 370 is the same thing 107-109 traps

Kid says reading fails me and missed my entire point

"I owned an 06 Z for 5+ years - *****FROM A 60 ROLL-ON***** an Si would get destroyed without serious work-- intake/header is NOT serious work"

The majority of these kids will do roll-ons which is why I pointed that out - the ones who hit the strip will probably be on streets which means even a STOCK Z running 13.6-13.7 on streets against a 14.0-14.2 bolt-on Si will be a stretch

Selling them the dream that they should pull on a Z from a roll with bolt-ons is silly - the RSX forums are known for that and they are significantly lighter than FG/FAs with similar power levels - 101 trap talking about 3rd gear VTACK roll monsters - its ridiculous

·
Registered
222 Posts
The RevUp is a non-HR Z and 104-105 trap is significantly faster than a typical 94-98mph trap bolt-on Si - I've owned a RevUp Z and the Si at the same time

The "slow" DE equipped Z's trap 98-103 which is very close to a good bolt-on Si but will still run 13.60-70s on streets and low low 13s on slicks....I have yet to ever see a bolt-on Si run 13.60s on street tires - The RevUps are faster and respond better to mods - the HR is no contest with 106-107+traps and the 370 is the same thing 107-109 traps

Kid says reading fails me and missed my entire point

"I owned an 06 Z for 5+ years - *****FROM A 60 ROLL-ON***** an Si would get destroyed without serious work-- intake/header is NOT serious work"

The majority of these kids will do roll-ons which is why I pointed that out - the ones who hit the strip will probably be on streets which means even a STOCK Z running 13.6-13.7 on streets against a 14.0-14.2 bolt-on Si will be a stretch

Selling them the dream that they should pull on a Z from a roll with bolt-ons is silly - the RSX forums are known for that and they are significantly lighter than FG/FAs with similar power levels - 101 trap talking about 3rd gear VTACK roll monsters - its ridiculous
I bet you have high blood pressure...... you need to chill out dude. You really think its important for me to be right on a stupid forum? You're much to invested. Ok your right........the 350Z is a superior car to a civic. .......with that being said.........I stand behind my original statement. A full bolt on welll tuned 2980lbs civic si with 220-230whp driven well at the strip should and can beat a no HR 350Z. .......*snicker**snicker*

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
With my coupe, same mods as the OP I beat a G35 (with at least 3 people in it). I never thought I'd beat a 3.5 V6 but I did. I still think the guy couldn't drive but a win is a win.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I bet you have high blood pressure...... you need to chill out dude. You really think its important for me to be right on a stupid forum? You're much to invested. Ok your right........the 350Z is a superior car to a civic. .......with that being said.........I stand behind my original statement. A full bolt on welll tuned 2980lbs civic si with 220-230whp driven well at the strip should and can beat a no HR 350Z. .......*snicker**snicker*
You need to brush up on your reading comprehension

****60 roll on**** is not the strip

Now every bolt-on Si makes 230whp? LMFAO

Link ONE video of ONE Si that makes 230whp on a dynojet and then runs 13.60s or better on STREET tires - I would LOVE to see this -

1 - 20 of 338 Posts