8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Tein Flex coilovers on my car, and just got it aligned yesterday. The negative camber in the rear was ridiculous, but they set it to -1.5 deg so it's all good now.

However, the rear of my car is still hopping around hard turns. I have all four corners set to 13/16 stiffness. The whole handling + fwd thing is rather new to me, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
I have flex's and i have 27 different settings on mine but it seems that only every other click does something which means i have 13.5 settings. Also i had SS and they had 15 different settings even though both of them are supposed to have 16, how werd is that. I guess thats why Tein's stuff is crappy and thats why i'm getting rid of mine. Anywho, count the number of clicks from full stiff to full soft. Do it by hand, don't use that stupid wrench because it will put way to much troque on the knob. It will stop when it runs out of adjustments. I set the fronts to the softest and the rears to the stiffest but i have enough driving skill to keep me out of trouble. Doing this will give the car a little bit of on throttle rotation and quite a bit of off throttle rotation. As for camber, i have it set at about -1.75 in the front and -1.25 in the rear. More negitive front camber will give you more grip in the corners. You can't stop the bouncy ride even at full soft with the 500 lbs springs. Its just going to rid rough, so get used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts