8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:vtec: :vtec: hey everybody i need to hook up better at the track looking to get slicks can ne body tell me what size to get or the size they use thanks peeps :vtec: :vtec:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
you haven't given the size of your wheels or anything
we're not psychic, and theres a sticky at the top of this thread that says "Tire Sizes that are OK to use"
try searching

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hoanger said:
you haven't given the size of your wheels or anything
we're not psychic, and theres a sticky at the top of this thread that says "Tire Sizes that are OK to use"
try searching
i will get the rims that i need, i just need to find out what size slicks i can use on the car that won't be too big and that thread only talks about rim sizes not SLICKS

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
what mods do you have that require the use of full blown slicks. Get some drag radials that you can actually drive on to get to the track and use them. They are a far step above normal street tires but not far off from the real slicks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XSRCivic said:
what mods do you have that require the use of full blown slicks. Get some drag radials that you can actually drive on to get to the track and use them. They are a far step above normal street tires but not far off from the real slicks.
well i'm on a 100 shot and the last time i was at the track i didn't grap till thrid

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm using a pair of 16x7 +40 Rota Slipstreams with 255/50-16 Hoosiers.

I'm dropped on TEIN SS all the way, and have some rubbing on the spring, and on the fender area over bumps. If you are not dropped as low as me, you should not have a problem. You may also need spacers. I was also at 10psi of air which could have played a factor in the rubbing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...700+400343+317726+4294905041+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
COMplex said:
I'm using a pair of 16x7 +40 Rota Slipstreams with 255/50-16 Hoosiers.

I'm dropped on TEIN SS all the way, and have some rubbing on the spring, and on the fender area over bumps. If you are not dropped as low as me, you should not have a problem. You may also need spacers. I was also at 10psi of air which could have played a factor in the rubbing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...700+400343+317726+4294905041+115&autoview=sku
thanks man thats what i needed i guess that i'm goin to go with a 225 45 17 the kuhmo v700 it a street slick and my lady works there so i gota good discount

1 - 12 of 12 Posts