8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am the new owner of a 07 Si Fg2 and I am trying to learn everything there is to know about it, so I can take care of it like my previous cars. I currently have the Injen CAI that goes down into the bumper. (Link in first comment since this is 1st post)

I need to know what size Filter it uses and I also could use your guys help determining what filter I should use. My mechanic recommends just using a dry filter but it seems alot of people use oiled filters for preformance. What should I be running and why? I definitely dont want to damage my MAF but if using an oiled one is just something I need to learn to do then if yall have resources let me know. I am open to whichever is gonna be best for the car long term. Also how often should I be replacing or cleaning the filter? If I just clean it how exactly do I clean it. Sorry for the noob questions but I gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey congrats on the car by the way. I did some research and it looks like that intake uses a 3 inch filter.
You can get a replacement filter here https://www.kseriesparts.com/INJ-X-1014-BB.html

If your looking to replace the filter that one will work.
If your looking to clean the current filter you have you can purchase air filter cleaners online.
I'm not sure what you would like to do with the car but if you want the most reliable setup the stock air-box is going to be your best bet.
As far as using an oiled air filter vs a dry one I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has their own opinion on them but I believe as long as you do your general maintenance on the car and take care of it an oiled vs dry filter won't matter in the log run. The OEM air filters for this car actually come pre-oiled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect thank you, I'm gonna tune it with flash pro eventually but for now I'm just tying to everything in order on it. I'm gonna go with dry. I was pretty sure it was 3 inch but I wasnt positive, so thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts