8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you get one of the fujita filters, they are non-oil type. It can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. It's a synthetic fiber I think.

I was going to ask, any problems with the car stalling when that fujita sri? and what filter do you have in there now?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did have a few stall problems with it but since i moved the filter it hasn't done it in a 3 months. it is a oil type filter cause it is red in color just like the kn filters i have had before.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
i did have a few stall problems with it but since i moved the filter it hasn't done it in a 3 months. it is a oil type filter cause it is red in color just like the kn filters i have had before.
Not sure if this info straight from Fujita's website bears any credibility, but here it is anyway...

Cleaning the air filter is simple and can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. The Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ contains a synthetic fiber that does not contain any oil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
where/how did you move it? (but I do know the fujita ones don't need oil. which I think is less restrictive) I have the stall problem so it may be the filter.. who knows. I'm still working on that one..

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i moved the filter down closer to the battery. i think the problem comes in when you install the filter as far as it will go up the intake tube to the point where the air coming in is hitting the tube thus not allowing enough air into the engine. haven't had it happen since i moved the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.